Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast

RB Roc Thomas Commits to Auburn

Per Andrew Bone and Cecil Hurt on Twitter
    Last edited by BamaMoon; August 2nd, 2013 at 03:16 PM.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Roc Thomas to Auburn

Just getting on to post this. This is going to tick some of our posters off. Hate to lose him, but I kind of saw this one coming. It'll be interesting to see if it sticks.
    Formerly BamaBomber

Quote Originally Posted by BamaHoosier View Post
    Just getting on to post this. This is going to tick some of our posters off. Hate to lose him, but I kind of saw this one coming. It'll be interesting to see if it sticks.
    Yes, especially if we miss on LF from LA.

Oh, and if we do and Roc were to flip the story line has already been written.

If the speculation is true that RT didn't have a "commitable offer" from Bama, despite his lifelong dream of playing for the Tide (as has been said), I'd like to hear our resident recruiting experts chime in our what happens if Bama reverses that at some point in the recruiting process. Does he stick with the Barn? What's the % he flips?

The way that he went after the Alabama fan on twitter makes more sense now. At that point, he knew he was headed to Auburn.

We were/are slow playing him. I do not think it is LF or bust, however. I don't think he'd flip back but it is s game we can afford to.play.

I wonder if this means the staff likes their chances with Fournette? If Bama does whiff on LF, would they even sign another RB in this class?

BamaNation All-American Airborne Tider's Avatar
    My Mood
    Hot on TideFans.com

With our RB situation it appears LF is the only RB we are willing to take in this class.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    U.S. Army Pathfinders
    "First In, Last Out"

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

I'd say its more a sign of how our staff feels about their chances with lf, I'm not sweating this one. He's a good talent and a solid pick up for the barn, but you can hardly be upset about a recruit going elsewhere when he didn't have a commutable offer.

It speaks volumes about the state of our recruiting that the staff was willing to let him get away. Sounds like we're in good shape with LF.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Yes, especially if we miss on LF from LA.

Oh, and if we do and Roc were to flip the story line has already been written.
    Yep, could be TJ Part II.

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I just talked to Coach Burns this week and wanted SO bad to ask him about LF. Not that he could tell me, but I sure wish he could.

It really is a statement of our program to let someone like Roc go somewhere else. I hate losing the in-state kids, but Coach Saban really doesn't deserve me questioning him.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

The Barn picked up an awesome talent, we simply had no room for, heck, and this is no a knock against Roc, we have incoming freshmen RB's that equally as good(if not better), that in all likelihood, will have to RS this season..We are that loaded & crowded in the RB department..

Only thing I regret about Roc going to The Barn, is the spin The Barners are putting on landing Roc, I already had an aubie friend of mine call, to brag about them winning the recruiting battle for Roc's commitment..Which simply isn't the case, cause as already stated in this thread by our Moderator, we were slow playing Roc, and that's the absolute truth of the matter..
    Last edited by TideMan09; August 2nd, 2013 at 10:38 PM.