Mississippi State's Renovation of Davis Wade Stadium Expected to be Completed by Fall

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

The Future of Davis Wade Stadium | To accommodate for the demand of Mississippi State Football season tickets, an expansion and renovation to Davis Wade Stadium is now underway. This project includes a North End Zone expansion which will take stadium capacity from 55,000 to over 61,000. This expansion is aimed at offering more Bulldog fans opportunity to experience game day in Starkville with various seating options. Preliminary ground work began in August of 2012 and the project officially broke ground immediately following the 2012 regular football season. Construction is expected to be complete in time for the 2014 home opener against Southern Miss.

CrimsonPaul

1st Team
Jun 12, 2006
Brandon, MS
I used to kid some State friends of mine... "How do you guys do the wave? Do you run out a couple of guys in the north/south fields to keep it going?" I'll come up with something else.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
MSU was my first road game when I was at Bama in the 70's. I traveled with a friend's family and friends on a Winnebago, (via BHam). We met some of the best fans ever. We had a fridge full of food but never got to eat any of it.

Bless their hearts they knew they were going to get a butt kicking but were happy to see us.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Much ado about nothing. Adding 6,000 EZ seats to reach 61,000 total is embarrassing and screams irrelevance.

75,000 seats should be the bare minimum for the SEC. If a school doesn't want to be big-time, there's always CUSA and the Sunbelt.

The_Ayatollah

Jan 2, 2014
I think the new addition looks fantastic. Perhaps some can't remember when Bryant-Denny was just a bowl not to terribly long ago. Not everyone can be Alabama.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
I think the new addition looks fantastic. Perhaps some can't remember when Bryant-Denny was just a bowl not to terribly long ago. Not everyone can be Alabama.

Yep, only Alabama can be Alabama.

That said though, with all the SEC monies these lesser programs get, they could upgrade their stadiums. 6,000 EZ seats is not much of a statement.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.