Vandy Hires Derek Mason as HC

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
This is a fantastic hire for Vandy. Now, Mason has to get back some of those commitments (10) that changed their mind when Franklin headed to Happy Valley.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I'm beginning to think that Vandy is no longer where coaching careers go to die. Now it's the place where up and comers get their chance to test the deep end that is the SEC, and either sink or swim. Swimmers get richer.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Just like last time, this is a good hire. Mason will have an administration (finally) that wants to win football games, so he will have the chance to be competitive.
Job #1: Lock down the current commitments and fill up the class ASAP.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Went to Vandy-LSU women's bball game yesterday and they introduced him to the crowd. He got a great ovation. While he's nowhere near as polished a speaker as Franklin, I think this a very solid hire for Vandy.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Went to Vandy-LSU women's bball game yesterday and they introduced him to the crowd. He got a great ovation. While he's nowhere near as polished a speaker as Franklin, I think this a very solid hire for Vandy.
I watched his press conference where he was introduced and came away very impressed. I honestly don't think Vandy could have made a better hire.

AUTigers001

1st Team
Feb 3, 2010
I haven't heard anything but good stuff about him... but they are now down to 8 commits and we're getting closer to NSD every minute. It will be interesting to see how they do with this year's signees.

VandyRon

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 4, 2007
We are very happy with the hire of Coach Mason. We received a double hit with Coach Franklin leaving so late and with NSD so close. The silver lining I suspect will be a very small class of recruits this year with a very large class next year with early playing time promised. Thank God coaches can't take current roster players with them. I'm happy to hear of Coach Mason's statement he will not go after Stanford recruits. He's in for the long haul at Vandy and seems to have some integrity.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.