Kevin Norwood on 99.1 The Game: "Then you have the guy coming in from Florida State"

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Re: Kevin Norwood on 99.1 The Game: "Then you have the guy coming in from Florida Sta

"basically he said after the "devastating" loss to Auburn a lot of players weren't able to shrug off, not only the loss itself, but also that fact there would be no three-peat after-all."

The last time that happened left the team hungry and we know the results.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Re: Kevin Norwood on 99.1 The Game: "Then you have the guy coming in from Florida Sta

I knew it would be hard to shrug off. That was a loss few seen coming. And the way Bama loss was just crazy. They'll have hunger pains with this one.

Sent from my iPhone

Agreed. Before the game I didn't see us losing this game. But in hindsight I'm not one bit surprised we lost. We kept clinging onto the hope that the team had turn the corner after the LSU game but that simply wasn't the case.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I knew it would be hard to shrug off. That was a loss few seen coming. And the way Bama loss was just crazy. They'll have hunger pains with this one.

Sent from my iPhone
True, I never saw it coming. But after that loss, the Oklahoma loss didn't surprise me.

Agreed. Before the game I didn't see us losing this game. But in hindsight I'm not one bit surprised we lost. We kept clinging onto the hope that the team had turn the corner after the LSU game but that simply wasn't the case.
True, I never saw it coming. But after that loss, the Oklahoma loss didn't surprise me.
I think the team may have relaxed after the LSU game a bit. MSU should have been a signal not to rest on their laurels. LSU wasn't as good as years' past.

Oklahoma, the team should had destroyed them, but Bama was destroyed in mindset and never recovered.

I still think though, that we'll see renewed energy this season.

Sent from my iPhone

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Coach Saban has always made the point that "we still have a lot to play for," but I think that charge went out the window once Florida State beat Duke. That didn't seem to work in 2008 after Florida, but it was even worse - after all, you had guys with 2 and 3 rings who were now not going to play for the national championship.

I think had we somehow gotten back into the title game, you would have seen a completely different performance than what we got the night of the Sugar Bowl.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

In one of his media events in Nola, CNS said he like where the team was mentally. That doesn't go along with Kevin's comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

In one of his media events in Nola, CNS said he like where the team was mentally. That doesn't go along with Kevin's comments.

I know it's hard for us to imagine, but Kevin may have had a better feel of the team's attitude than Coach at this point of the season.

Kevin saw the locker room and heard the talk before CNS walked in to the room.

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL

Coach Saban is not going to publically throw his guys under the bus. He has their backs when it comes to things like that. I bet behind closed doors and off camara, he came unglued.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I know it's hard for us to imagine, but Kevin may have had a better feel of the team's attitude than Coach at this point of the season.

Kevin saw the locker room and heard the talk before CNS walked in to the room.
I meant to post this in my original post - CNS said this week at the AFCA convention that he and coaches didn't really have the best grasp of the players this year.

Coach Saban is not going to publically throw his guys under the bus. He has their backs when it comes to things like that. I bet behind closed doors and off camara, he came unglued.
He's made it known when he wasn't happy with the players, which is why I felt good about the game when he said it.

tidechamp15

Suspended
Jan 3, 2014

"basically he said after the "devastating" loss to Auburn a lot of players weren't able to shrug off, not only the loss itself, but also that fact there would be no three-peat after-all."

The last time that happened left the team hungry and we know the results.
Hopefully,the '14 team will be ticked off coming in this yr

Last edited by a moderator:

tidechamp15

Suspended
Jan 3, 2014

something tells me,all that's about to change!!! after we went back to back,their wasn't a whole lot of coaches leaving the program.....after this yr ,there was! namely hiring Kiffin! so it'll be interesting to see how the D especially looks,and the O

Last edited by a moderator:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

The Coker hype on some bama blogs is a bit ridiculous. I just hope the guy can manage the offense due to scheme familiarity with FSU. You know, get us in the right play and make the percentage throw against the defensive look. I don't think we should expect him to come in a duplicate McCarron's last two seasons. Something closer to McCarron's sophomore year is a realistic ideal expectation.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

The Coker hype on some bama blogs is a bit ridiculous. I just hope the guy can manage the offense due to scheme familiarity with FSU. You know, get us in the right play and make the percentage throw against the defensive look. I don't think we should expect him to come in a duplicate McCarron's last two seasons. Something closer to McCarron's sophomore year is a realistic ideal expectation.
I agree. But he would have 2yrs to play, right?

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN

This Jacob Coker thing does kind of reminds me of Marc Guillon.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

Honestly I am surprised that we have supposedly been hauling in top QB recruits every year, especially the last two years, but are relying on a converted RB/WR, had a walk-on, and a transfer player. Surely one of the other 5 QBs on the roster are bright enough to pick up the offense after about 2yrs of practice.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al

Honestly I am surprised that we have supposedly been hauling in top QB recruits every year, especially the last two years, but are relying on a converted RB/WR, had a walk-on, and a transfer player. Surely one of the other 5 QBs on the roster are bright enough to pick up the offense after about 2yrs of practice.
Blake Simms is not a converted wr/rb.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

Blake Simms is not a converted wr/rb.
Hmmm, I must be thinking of someone else then. I was thinking he was recruited for a different position then switched.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Blake Sims did play at tailback some his first year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.