ADMIN NOTE: Constructive Criticism of the Program

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Folks, I understand your frustration with our current direction in Basketball. However, there is a way to say things, and a way not to say things. Pressing the "Reply" button and saying something like "We Suck" or "Fire Anthony Grant" is not something considered "Constructive". Offer some insight as to your dismay. Many aren't even participating in the game thread and they just come over after the game to "Rant".

I too am disappointed in the way the Program is going at the moment and I can't defend our current staff. But let's keep it a "discussion" and not a "Rant"!

Thanks!

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Can we rant about the disgusting nail fungus ad that keeps popping up? It's gross! Rant over.

I am just trying to be positive about how we have defended home court in league play. :)

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
That would be "Non-Sports"!

Can we rant about the disgusting nail fungus ad that keeps popping up? It's gross! Rant over.

I am just trying to be positive about how we have defended home court in league play. :)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

The ads are determined by google sites you've visited........

Mine is for Identity Theft......

Just sayin........

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
In everyone's opinion what are our issues? We seem to have gotten worse, I can't recall (if ever) that Bama only scored 47 points in game.

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
I'm no basketball coach, but there are basically four things a team/player needs...leadership,drive,basic basketball skills, and lastly, athleticism. Here our leadership is practically nonexistent. TR is a scorer (and he's good at it), not a leader. When you're in a close game in the final minutes, you need someone that will make sure the team takes good shots and has a chance to win. As for our drive, as the saying goes, you don't just need the will to win... you need the will to prepare to win. I see a lot of lament about lack of player development. While some of that is on the coaches, some is on the players also. Some players need more external motivation than others. I'm pretty sure Michael Jordan didn't need Phil Jackson chewing his butt every day. Our basic basketball skills are very poor. We don't shoot well, our shot selection is poor, we don't block out well, we don't pass or catch the ball well, etc. That's on the coaches...but you'd think at this level, players would only need to improve their skills not start from scratch. Our athleticism is above average. That's our problem...we have above average athletes that are below average basketball players. In high school your athleticism can compensate somewhat for a lack of BB skills, but at this level, not so much.

Unless we see a marked improvement in these areas, I don't see any more than 16 wins...if that. Our chances start tonight against UF, hope we can improve enough to pull the upset.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.