The Tale of Two Programs

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
I said this at the start of the season but the biggest thing is lack of development. The players except for TR and maybe a little RO have not gotten better. Grant also does not seem to be good at in game adjustments. I like the man but I do think he is very good head coach material yet.

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
releford was 20% from 3 as a freshmen

RO couldn't catch a ball without traveleling at the beginning of last year
randolph couldnt shoot from ten feet out as a freshman
gueye wasnt the same player at the end of the year than he was when he was first forced into the starters role

so yes, i have seen plyer development.

that being said there have 2 failures - NJ and cooper imho - and these 2 are hurting us really bad at the moment

I would like to point 2 things out (i dont want to sound like AG defender, because at the end of the year he will have face the music of how his team has played)

1. andy kennedy was at olemiss 7 years before he made the tourney, there is somehing to be said for consistency

2. Grant has won at alabama consistently more than anyone since wimp..

3 years in a row 20+ wins (last time that happenned was 91)
3 years in a row 10+ wins in SEC (las time that happenned was the early eighties)

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009

gueye wasnt the same player at the end of the year than he was when he was first forced into the starters role
So basically what I said. But I still think Randolph does not shoot any better than before and he still has some of the most ugly misses. The team makes mistakes that coaching should easily fix like how to pass the ball.

When I made the same comparrison about Bama and Wtch ST over a month ago I got chastised for it but I am glad others are catching on.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006

so yes, i have seen plyer development.

that being said there have 2 failures - NJ and cooper imho - and these 2 are hurting us really bad at the moment

I would like to point 2 things out (i dont want to sound like AG defender, because at the end of the year he will have face the music of how his team has played)

1. andy kennedy was at olemiss 7 years before he made the tourney, there is somehing to be said for consistency

2. Grant has won at alabama consistently more than anyone since wimp..

3 years in a row 20+ wins (last time that happenned was 91)
3 years in a row 10+ wins in SEC (las time that happenned was the early eighties)
He probably doesnt make the tourney without Marshall Henderson on his roster and I dont know anybody on this forum that would like to have a player with his track record and character on our team...

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
You know I was thinking today, watching the Wichita St/ISU game that ever since that NIT Championship game in NYC both teams have headed in two different directions. We were on the rise at the time, as were they. Since that game, we have hit the wall, and they are prospering. Mind boggling.
I've been thinking the same thing about Villanova. Look at what Jay Wright has done with a roster that was pathetic against us at the beginning of last season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.