Tide Sports Reporting Tony Brown Arrest

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I'm sorry this happened, but I can't say that I'm shocked. A 17-18 year old kid away from home for the first time getting in trouble when he's on his own for the first time in a culture (college life) that lends itself to heavy partying does not surprise me.

That is a comment on youngsters in general, not an indictment on Brown's character. While this certainly gets him off on the wrong foot with Saban in Tuscaloosa, hopefully he can get back in the coach's good graces in time for spring drills.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't think the charges are significant enough to end his tenure before it started but it is enough to put him in the doghouse from the jump.

He's going to have to work twice as hard to earn his way into good graces now.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I doubt he'll miss spring practice. he may have an early season suspension that isn't publicized or just get the crap ran out of him all spring. If he's going to be here, he should be getting prepared to play. Taking away things that give self-gratification like starts and playing time are real punishments.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
This sucks. This is a huge position of need for us also. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come for Tony.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm not going to lie, sometime there could be a misunderstanding between suspect and cops.. ahhh, who am I kidding here. It really does sounds like he didnt do what he was being told to and so.
Failure to obey? and resisting arrest? I am with Cullman here. Let's see what he didn't obey and to what degree he "resisted arrest".

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
People should respect officers and do what ever they tell you within your rights. If you're doing the right thing then you should not skirt anywhere close to resisting. We don't know the details but even if the officer slights you or says something racist, you have to respect the badge and ignore the person.

Last edited:

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
People should respect officers and do what ever they tell you within your rights. If you're doing the right thing then you should skirt anywhere close to resisting. We don't know the details but even if the officer slights you or says something racist, you have to respect the badge and ignore the person.
I respect the badge but they will not allow you to ignore the person. I've encountered my share of thugs in uniform. I am a law abiding citizen and have never been arrested btw or even had a speeding ticket.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
People should respect officers and do what ever they tell you within your rights. If you're doing the right thing then you should not skirt anywhere close to resisting. We don't know the details but even if the officer slights you or says something racist, you have to respect the badge and ignore the person.
Probably a NS topic and I doubt the Tuscaloosa police crossed that line but if that occurred, the badge was disrespected by the officer first. I would not respect the badge in that instance. The gun? Different story!

ua86

1st Team
Nov 20, 2009
North Alabama
Let me start with saying I know no details about this specific event, or what actually happened. Now, that said, below are my personal generic suggestions to avoid problems in the future.

The only appropriate responses when pulled over for any reason are:

1) "Yes Sir"
2) "No Sir"

or worst case

3) "Pardon me Sir, could you repeat that? I don't understand exactly what you want me to do."

The less you say, the less that can be mis-construed or mis-understood, but be pleasant, polite, and cooperative. The guy or gal pulling you over does't know if there is a little old lady on her way home from church bingo in the car, or a crazed crack head that just swapped his little sister for an AK-47 and a 100 round drum of ammo. They are understandably cautious and maybe a little jumpy.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Let me start with saying I know no details about this specific event, or what actually happened. Now, that said, below are my personal generic suggestions to avoid problems in the future.

The only appropriate responses when pulled over for any reason are:

1) "Yes Sir"
2) "No Sir"

or worst case

3) "Pardon me Sir, could you repeat that? I don't understand exactly what you want me to do."

The less you say, the less that can be mis-construed or mis-understood, but be pleasant, polite, and cooperative. The guy or gal pulling you over does't know if there is a little old lady on her way home from church bingo in the car, or a crazed crack head that just swapped his little sister for an AK-47 and a 100 round drum of ammo. They are understandably cautious and maybe a little jumpy.
That may be sound advice but I'm not in the habit of saying sir to anyone half my age.:smile:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Brown comes from a good family. He and family represented themselves with class and humility during the UA game. I am not going to jump to any conclusions on what happened . It will eventually come out and CNS will deal with it accordingly. In the mean time, I will support Tony Brown based on what I know of him and not what I don't know.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.