Louisiana WR Malachi Dupre Signs with LSU

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: Louisiana WR Malachi Dupre Updates

I kind of get the feeling that Dupre is just having some fun, though in fairness a lot of top in-state talent has seeped out of Louisiana in recent years.

FWIW, I think UCLA is probably the one to watch here, if he is indeed spurning LSU. I tend to think Alabama and Ole Miss are on the outside looking in, and I would say that is particularly so for the Rebels, though after what happened last year with Tunsil I'm not sure you should ever say never with that regime.

I will add that the potential quarterback struggles at LSU isn't helping Miles and company. No top WR recruit is especially excited about the notion of a Jordan Jefferson or Jarrett Lee-type player throwing them the football the next three or four years.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I kind of get the feeling that Dupre is just having some fun, though in fairness a lot of top in-state talent has seeped out of Louisiana in recent years.

FWIW, I think UCLA is probably the one to watch here, if he is indeed spurning LSU. I tend to think Alabama and Ole Miss are on the outside looking in, and I would say that is particularly so for the Rebels, though after what happened last year with Tunsil I'm not sure you should ever say never with that regime.

I will add that the potential quarterback struggles at LSU isn't helping Miles and company. No top WR recruit is especially excited about the notion of a Jordan Jefferson or Jarrett Lee-type player throwing them the football the next three or four years.
Evans, Dupre, etc........ the UCLANS are hot too!! L. A., the weather, hot chicks, whatever Mora`s doing with their program, all of it seems to be working.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Evans, Dupre, etc........ the UCLANS are hot too!! L. A., the weather, hot chicks, whatever Mora`s doing with their program, all of it seems to be working.
UCLA has a tremendous amount to offer, and it's no surprise that they have done well in recruiting now that they have a viable head coach. As always, though, the lack of institutional support will ultimately be the issue...

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Here comes Ole Miss's big push. It just goes to show, that no matter how long a prospect's relationship with a school, the last feeling before NSD is the one that counts.
I hate when prospects say they will go where they "feel" the best. Feelings change every day. If you base your decision off a feeling solely, then you are likely to be disappointed and regretful. That is the reason for all of the decommits and flips on NSD. Teams are pulling at heart strings the most the last final days.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

I haven't seen anything about the NCAA looking at them, why do you say this?
These are from the fall of 2013. The NCAA moves very slowly and when there's smoke, there's usually fire. We shall see.......

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/08/13/ncaa-digs-deeper-investigating-ole-miss-football-recruiting/2649445/

http://thebiglead.com/2013/08/12/ole-miss-ncaa-interviewed-five-star-chris-jones-about-his-recruitment-according-to-report/

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

Well sure, who wouldn't want to catch 6 bubble screens a game....

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Dupre is currently in Oxford on an official visit to Ole Miss, but contrary to some reports he will still take an official visit to UCLA this weekend. The early speculation was that the visit to Ole Miss meant no visit to UCLA, but he chose to take a mid-week visit to Ole Miss so he could squeeze in both. UCLA is still alive here, it would seem.

FWIW, Saban has an in-home visit tentatively scheduled for tomorrow night with him, after he returns from Oxford. Not sure if that will hold up given the inclement weather, but if not he'll try to re-schedule for some time before Dupre goes to LA. Miles and company still also have an in-home visit left with him, so I'm sure they'll also be squeezing it in during the next three days.

LSU fans are getting pretty paranoid about this one, though in fairness that bunch is paranoid about a lot of things. Doesn't necessarily mean anything one way or the other with Dupre.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Dupre is stuck in Oxford at the moment due to the snow and ice, and it looks like his in-home visits will have to be re-scheduled.

Consider this the first of many plans where the weather is throwing a big kink into visits. Several in-home visits are currently re-shuffled from multiple schools to multiple recruits.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Dupre is stuck in Oxford at the moment due to the snow and ice, and it looks like his in-home visits will have to be re-scheduled.

Consider this the first of many plans where the weather is throwing a big kink into visits. Several in-home visits are currently re-shuffled from multiple schools to multiple recruits.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Will add that Dupre and Marlon Humphrey are very close friends. I tend to doubt that Humphrey's earlier-than-expected commitment to Alabama will significantly help sway Dupre to Tuscaloosa, though obviously it should help our cause to a limited degree.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

Coach Saban, Coach Kiffin, and Coach Burns will have an in-home visit with Malachi on Thursday....this one is crucial folks for us to have a shot at getting his signature on NSD

Last edited:

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala

Ole Miss doesn't even have to get recruits to visit. They ju$t all of a $udden decide Ole Mi$$ is place they want to play e$pecially in the last week.

Continuing with the way they ended the 2013 recruiting season, Ole Miss has gotten Dupre interested enough to take a visit to Oxford.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.