Louisiana WR Malachi Dupre Signs with LSU

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: Louisiana WR Malachi Dupre Updates

Interesting. For a supposed "long shot" (heavy LSU lean?), that`s a lot of time and firepower that could be directed towards a more likely target. Maybe not such a long shot ?
I wouldn't put too much into the volume of personnel we are devoting to this one. You've got to keep in mind that this is a relative lull period -- only thing really going on within the program is the winter S&C program -- and our recruiting board is very, very narrow at this point. We don't have a lot of targets left, so it's very easy to put a lot of manpower on an individual recruit, which we've done with several down the stretch.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Interesting. For a supposed "long shot" (heavy LSU lean?), that`s a lot of time and firepower that could be directed towards a more likely target. Maybe not such a long shot ?
Coach Saban is much smarter than that! :wink:

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I wouldn't put too much into the volume of personnel we are devoting to this one. You've got to keep in mind that this is a relative lull period -- only thing really going on within the program is the winter S&C program -- and our recruiting board is very, very narrow at this point. We don't have a lot of targets left, so it's very easy to put a lot of manpower on an individual recruit, which we've done with several down the stretch.

I would imagine most of our recruiting efforts are already focusing on 2015 prospects at this time. I suppose we only have 2 WR commits at this time, Kief and Cam. We usually take 3-4. We will lose Christion Jones, DeAndrew White, and probably Cooper next year. Would be nice to get another top WR. However, if LSU does not somehow land Dupre, those Cajuns may go headhunting after Miles. That may be fun to watch.

Last edited:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Just curious. Anybody think he gets pressed by our staff like a "must have" between now and NSD ?
Hes not a must have, but he may get similar treatment since he and Evans are pretty much all there is left to recruit in this class. Other than that it's on to 2015 and 2016 classes

CrimsonPride25

1st Team
Jul 25, 2012
Mobile, Al

Mike Herndon just said on WNSP here in Mobile. That Humphrey and Dupre's relationship may play more into this decision than some are thinking. Let's hope he's correct!

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010

a 5 star receiver like dupre, i would think hitch his 5 stars to a wagon that can channel his career to pro football where there is a lot more pro style qbs. ucla has a great one, and bama will have the pro style system with a bevy of qbs able to make him a first round pick. what i saw of their so called dual qb lacks a good throwing arm or presence.

WsN

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 15, 2013

Me think the kid simply wanted a free ride out West. I fully expect him to sign with LSWho

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

I agree. I am sure the UCLA staff is very upset about it and will let him know. This is a bad precedent and one that will not be well received.
What a POS recruiting tactic. Les Filling and Cam Camoron are truly desperate for this kid! Thry cant afford to lose another LA kid.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Kind of makes you wonder if Cam came with Fournette when he visited the Capstone........:rolleyes:

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

This is almost unbelievable and very creepy. If a coach did that to me, I would commit to any school but his. I can't believe Lester allowed this.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Dupre signed with LSU a few minutes ago.

As had become widely expected in the past two or three days, Dupre has mainly just been having fun in recent weeks and trolling people.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.