Bama players in Super Bowl?

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I'm going to have to put my support for Bama players in the NFL on hiatus for this one. Just can't cheer for a Pete Carroll led team. I'm cheering for Manning and the Broncos!

CrimsonPride25

1st Team
Jul 25, 2012
Mobile, Al
Yea gotta pull for Peyton here. Never have been a Carroll fan. I will admit that he has put a great team together though. If Denver can't get a run game going it is going to be a tough day for Manning. Seahawks D is SCARY

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
I know this is going to come off as strange but I am not an NFL fan. I can't tell you the last time I sat down and watched more than 5-7 plays of any game. This season has been no different and I will not be watching the super bowl. Good luck to everyone and the team you want to win.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Oh good grief. That was almost 20 years ago and he was an immature college kid. I still have no idea why people get so bent out of shape about him leading the band. It was one blip on a career that has been the epitome of class. I still don't see how it's different or worse than Ingram doing the dying gator chop in the 09 SEC championship. It's just petty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I'm going to have to put my support for Bama players in the NFL on hiatus for this one. Just can't cheer for a Pete Carroll led team. I'm cheering for Manning and the Broncos!

Same here. I am a Manning fan, so I have rooted for the Broncos this whole season.

The Manning/TN thing was before my time as a fan. I never had a reason to dislike him. I just appreciate his talent.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
And you Peyton fans enjoyed this?

I have bigger things to worry about than what Peyton Manning did over 15 years ago. After watching the "Book of Manning," I understand his reasoning, too. Archie never beat Bama, so the game was more personal than just the UT-UA rivalry to Peyton.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Manning later said that the reason he like beating Bama is that when you did that, you had accomplished something worthwhile. Hey -- not every player at a rival school is a bad guy. Some of us need to grow up...

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I am really looking forward to this matchup, despite the lack of Bama alum. Tavaris Jackson is a backup for the Seahawks, right?
Anyway... going to be a good one.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I know this is going to come off as strange but I am not an NFL fan. I can't tell you the last time I sat down and watched more than 5-7 plays of any game. This season has been no different and I will not be watching the super bowl. Good luck to everyone and the team you want to win.
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I'd as soon watch paint dry as the NFL. Of course I feel the same way about the NBA and MLB. It's weird, I enjoyed playing all those sports but hate watching them except for college football.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I hated Tennessee when Fat Phil was there. Obvious reasons. But, I liked Tennessee back when Coach Majors was there. He was in my opinion a classy coach. Having said this, my hatred for Tennessee is not what it once was, and I must admit that I am really pulling for Peyton Manning, and the Broncos. Not that I am a huge Denver fan, but Peyton Manning is a classy guy. Just My Opinion. And, I must admit that I might would have lead the band in a victory if I was him :).

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
In the ESPN 30/30 Manning love fest, he spoke of his "hatred" of Alabama. I find it quite easy to cheer against him, but hey, that's me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.