JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Recruiting: Alabama planning for 2015 with 2014 class choices
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
January 22nd, 2014 12:17 AM

. By Jess Nicholas, TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Jan. 21, 2014   While every team suffers losses from one year to the next, the hit to the roster Alabama took following the 2013 season – not just from graduation, but underclassmen opting for early entry into the NFL Draft – looks manageable for 2014.   The real […]

Read More Here

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Getting Evans would shock me too. But I'm hopeful; Whitley is definitely the biggest loss of our de-commits, but I was hoping we could hang onto Roberts. He just visited auburn way too often to think he'd stick. I know we're a long shot, but what about Thomas?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Jess, how likely is this to happen? I know Christion was listed as a DB by a few recruiting services, but I would hate for him to move over to safety this late in his career.

Jones might move to safety in the spring

CrimsonDynasT

2nd Team
Sep 23, 2007
As always, Jess an excellent analysis. Your posts are the only ones where I immediately stop and read with great anticipation. You are appreciated!!

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Jess, how likely is this to happen? I know Christion was listed as a DB by a few recruiting services, but I would hate for him to move over to safety this late in his career.
Thanks for posing the question, '91.

I had to re-read what Jess said several times in order to ensure that I hadn't misread it.

God I have a lot to learn about Alabama football...

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
He played there in the spring, it wouldn't be a tough transition for him.

He's a bit limited as a receiver in the routes he can run. He's good in the slot but not a guy you can regularly post to the outside as Alabama did with Norwood.

I suspect what will ultimately determine his future is if Williams or Perry can't step up at SS in the spring. Alabama also has to plan for the emergency situation (i.e., if Landon Collins got hurt). Folks who've read our recruiting wrap-ups over the years will remember that we projected Jones as a CB coming out of high school; I think he can handle it fine.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He's a bit limited as a receiver in the routes he can run. He's good in the slot but not a guy you can regularly post to the outside as Alabama did with Norwood.

I suspect what will ultimately determine his future is if Williams or Perry can't step up at SS in the spring. Alabama also has to plan for the emergency situation (i.e., if Landon Collins got hurt). Folks who've read our recruiting wrap-ups over the years will remember that we projected Jones as a CB coming out of high school; I think he can handle it fine.
Forgot he played there some in the spring. I remember him coming out of Minor with the expectation of playing CB (same class as Bradley Sylve who was projected as a WR).

Really hope Nick and Jarrick both can stay healthy this season and make an impact at SS.

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa

I saw jones play at Minor and thought he was well suited for defense I was actually surprised when he started at WR. One thing is certain , he likes to hit. :)

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/jones.gif

Andy

3rd Team
Jan 21, 2005
Jess, at the end of the article you talked about the hard count 25 limit, explaining the numbers and saying that there would be the need for a grey shirt. It is my understanding that Pettway will not count against the 25. Is that correct? If so, that would give us the number based on your other scenarios. Great article by the way and thanks for the information. Of course the 85 number is going to require several moves and is not near as easy to determine.

LagunaBama

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 6, 2013
Jess, at the end of the article you talked about the hard count 25 limit, explaining the numbers and saying that there would be the need for a grey shirt. It is my understanding that Pettway will not count against the 25. Is that correct? If so, that would give us the number based on your other scenarios. Great article by the way and thanks for the information. Of course the 85 number is going to require several moves and is not near as easy to determine.
Good catch. I read that somewhere too.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
that's correct - he doesn't count toward the 25 since he was counted when he first signed.

It's also possible that holcombe takes a Bryant Scholly since he's a legacy. That would mean no PT for two years, but it's an option and would open up one more slot.

LagunaBama

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 6, 2013
that's correct - he doesn't count toward the 25 since he was counted when he first signed.

It's also possible that holcombe takes a Bryant Scholly since he's a legacy. That would mean no PT for two years, but it's an option and would open up one more slot.
Did we ever get any confirmation on this from the mods? tia

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.