Jacob Coker free to transfer (ESPN)

UAME

All-SEC
Mar 28, 2000
Tuscumbia, AL
From http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/jacob-coker-alabama-possibility/

FSU QB coach Randy Sanders raved about Coker to CBSSports.com.

“I’ve never had anybody with his size who throws it as well as he does,” said FSU QB coach Randy Sanders. “Jake has a really quick release with tremendous arm strength. Rarely does it not spiral or not go where he wants it to go."

“A lot of times when you have a quarterback competition, the most valuable player isn’t the guy who wins the job it’s the guy who doesn’t win the job because they have the ability to almost divide a team,” Sanders said. “Jake’s done a great job of supporting Jameis and helping him in any way he can. That’s part of what makes him a special player.”

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Still have a lot of waiting to do. In order to be eligible for the fall, he'll have to graduate this spring (which he should). That's four months until he can officially transfer. While it seems a virtual lock he's heading here, lots can happen in four months.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'm still rooting for Blake Sims. Yes, I have my doubts but he's waited his turn, not pouted or transferred and I really hope he develops even more this off season and has his shot in the spotlight. Nothing against Coker whatsoever I just like to see guys who wait their turn and keep a positive attitude get their reward.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
He has 2 years of eligibility left. He can transfer NOW and sit out a year or he can graduate and enroll at Bama in May with no restrictions. This has been discussed ad nauseum the past month or two on this board...

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
I'm still rooting for Blake Sims. Yes, I have my doubts but he's waited his turn, not pouted or transferred and I really hope he develops even more this off season and has his shot in the spotlight. Nothing against Coker whatsoever I just like to see guys who wait their turn and keep a positive attitude get their reward.
+1. Blake always seems to be really into the games cheering and rooting for his teammates. He also has "seemed" (no inside info here) to be a team player willing to play whatever position best helps his team.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The majority of the questions asked in this thread would be answered with a simple search through the previous threads on Coker.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I believe the goal this off season is to have as many Coker threads as possible with the same link posted numerous times in each thread.

+1. Blake always seems to be really into the games cheering and rooting for his teammates. He also has "seemed" (no inside info here) to be a team player willing to play whatever position best helps his team.
Yes, he's always been at the for front for cheering(Baton Rouge). I'm sure he'll do whatever it takes to win. I see a package for him in the future regardless.

Sent from my iPhone

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I believe the goal this off season is to have as many Coker threads as possible with the same link posted numerous times in each thread.
I'd be curious to see come fall whether the number on Coker trumps the number on Duron Carter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.