Jacob Coker free to transfer (ESPN)

TAKEPRIDE22

2nd Team
Jul 21, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I'm still rooting for Blake Sims. Yes, I have my doubts but he's waited his turn, not pouted or transferred and I really hope he develops even more this off season and has his shot in the spotlight. Nothing against Coker whatsoever I just like to see guys who wait their turn and keep a positive attitude get their reward.
^^^^^I agree with this.

NoleTide

Scout Team
Dec 27, 2010
Montgomery, Al.
I love Coker and I think he is good, but I never believed the QB battle was as close as Fisher wants people to think. I think he saying things the way he said them was to keep competition high. I hope he does well where ever he ends up.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
This highlights how demanding the Bama fan base can be. (I don't mean that in a bad way.)

After having AJ, who set all kinds of records and won nearly all the time, Bama fans are still hungry for an Heisman-winning type quarterback. A guy who can occasionally get reckless and pull it off.

Could Coker be that guy? It's a natural question to see around here.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
If Coker shows up and wins the starting job outright, fine.

But if he's gonna win the job, he needs to do it outright, so that there's no room for doubt.

If he comes in, performs well, but another QB performs just as well, then you should go with the guy who's paid his dues in the system.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
It was really sad to watch, Buzzard. A couple of guys were poking the hornets nest and the hornets came out. But it's probably a good thing for Sip to chill on it for a bit. We've all heard the saying that God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth for us to listen twice as much as we speak. A wise saying. I've been on this forum 4 years longer than Sip, but he has 5 times more comments than i do. Doesn't mean I'm not on here almost daily. I just believe it's better to absorb more and spew less.
Just Win You got this right, But their is a few on here that think they are Mods,Teachers,Judges Etc: Grrrrr

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
Been watching smart quarterbacks for years beat more talented ones at every level. Just hope Coker is more than a pretty face and has the smarts to keep the Bama train from running off the tracks.

califbamafan

1st Team
Nov 7, 2005
Rialto, Calif
I hope Coker can come in and do a good job he has the tools to be able to. I don't think K.H. was hating on Sims he is a good evaluator and he is very high on Coker. If CNS thinks Coker is good I will go with his evaluation.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.