News Article: The Senior Bowl practices are proving what we already knew about Norwood!

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Norwood td catch against am to answer after we were down 14-0 is one of my favorite plays of the year. The man is absolutely the best falling out of bounds pass catcher I've ever seen.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
Those of you over 45 (like me) will know what i mean when I say, Kevin Norwood reminds me of a John Stallworth type player. Not quite a Lynn Swann, but a reliable receiver and a very good complement to Swann.

I don't mean to prematurely say he will have a career like Stallworth, that can only come with time, but you get my drift.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Norwood is one of those guys who just kept his head down, stayed out of trouble and made plays - and he's become one of my favorites in recent memory. One of the few I'll continue to follow in the NFL, as I suspect he'll have a successful career. RTR, KN!

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Norwood is one of those guys who just kept his head down, stayed out of trouble and made plays - and he's become one of my favorites in recent memory. One of the few I'll continue to follow in the NFL, as I suspect he'll have a successful career. RTR, KN!
He is one of my favorites too....and a big time clutch receiver. I think he'll make a dependable slot receiver in the NFL...not necessarily a #1 or #2 receiver, but a dependable its 3rd down and 5, need a big catch to extend a drive type receiver.

wishbonedays

1st Team
Mar 30, 2003
Hanceville, AL, USA
www.wfl1974.com
All the kid did was make big plays in big games when the ball was thrown to him. IMO, I think Norwood will increase his stock with a good senior bowl game. I wish the young man the very best.
You took the words out of my mouth (keyboard)...Kevin has been a great representative of our University, a steady go-to receiver when we needed him, and I truly hope he gets an opportunity on a team with an offense that uses him in a way that takes advantage of his talents and skills...I hope he has a great NFL future.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I'd like to turn this thread more back on topic (in case Kevin reads it)

Kevin has been underappreciated at Bama in my opinion, surrounded by superstars he's done everything asked of him without much glory.

If anybody has put in the hard work to deserve a good NFL career, it's Norwood.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Kevin has been underappreciated at Bama in my opinion, surrounded by superstars he's done everything asked of him without much glory.

Couldn`t agree more.

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
Norwood was always a favorite of our section at BDS. He was dependable and could be counted on to make a great catch to spark the team. He is absolutely clutch on sideline catches. I wish him all the best and hopes he has a successful NFL career. He has been a great representative for UA.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I yelled THROW IT TO NORWOOD constantly this season in big moments. He made a lot of big catches starting in the BCSCG against the Who's. He was dependable, hard working, and always ready to make a play. He was my favorite player on offense this season, until they gave Henry the ball in the Sugar Bowl, Good LAWD, that boy can run. I will miss him a ton. He was fun to watch.

LTBamaFan

1st Team
Jul 31, 2002
Elmore, Al.
I have always thought that Norwood was an excellent reciever. It seems McCarron always looked for him when he was in trouble. Glad to see him getting a little recognition . Now go show those pros how good you are.

bamakeeb

3rd Team
May 2, 2011
Maybe it was just me, but every time Norwood caught a pass, I'd yell NORWOOD in my best Japanese accent (think about the movie "1941" and Japanese submarine guy who thought he saw Hollywood).

BTW, what is KN's actual 40 time? I don't think he's a burner but I never thought he was slow.

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
He looked pretty good yesterday they tried throwing some deep balls to him several times but I don't think the timing was right on a couple and over thrown a time or two but if they got it close he got it. Hubbard was seemingly invisible the entire game, I understand he wasn't not playing in position he is used to I don't think the senior bowl helped him at all could be wrong.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

Kevin's not the type person who needs fan approval or accolades to realize his ability and value as a football player and team mate. That is evidenced and supported by the fact that he is forever and eternally a team captain at The University of Alabama. That's not something you lobby or politic for. That's earned by attitude, work ethic, skill and leadership. Although there are many of us fans who appreciate his contribution it's obvious this guy has the mentality and fortitude to shed any negativity that may have been aimed his way. And just in case.....

Thank you Captain Kevin Norwood. May you succeed in life, and I know you will, and may all your dreams come true.

Roll Tide

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Being a "captain" says all you need to know about his career at Bama, no matter what happens in the NFL. But I wish him the best. Can see him being an A. Bolden type for years.

James Teasdale

Suspended
Jan 5, 2014
That winning drive in Baton Rouge was one for the books. He and AJ weren't just on the same page, they were in the same sentence. I don't recall consecutive clutch receptions like that from a Bama receiver since Ozzie.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Maybe it was just me, but every time Norwood caught a pass, I'd yell NORWOOD in my best Japanese accent (think about the movie "1941" and Japanese submarine guy who thought he saw Hollywood).

BTW, what is KN's actual 40 time? I don't think he's a burner but I never thought he was slow.
This is a crazy deep WR class but if he can run a 4.4 at the combine he could make himself a lot of money...capitalize on all this good press.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.