News Article: The Senior Bowl practices are proving what we already knew about Norwood!

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
It's good to see him get some love on a National level!

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1600803

Aaron Suttles ‏@AaronSuttles · 25m
Kevin Norwood is catching meaningful passes from QB not named McCarron for 1st time in a while. Impressing scouts too.

Dion Caputi ‏@nfldraftupdate · 2h
Alabama WR Kevin Norwood has a really wide catch radius and plucks well off-body. He's quietly impressed me. Have to do more work on him.

Ryan Lownes ‏@ryanlownes · 3h
Kevin Norwood & Jordan Matthews both practicing throwing the football today off screens. Look out for a trick play in the #SeniorBowl game.

DJ Swin ‏@djswin2 · 4h
@fduffy3 @CecilHurt Kevin Norwood isn't biggest/fastest but prob the best "football player" since Javy Arenas. #RollTide

Dion Caputi ‏@nfldraftupdate · Jan 21
Alabama WR Kevin Norwood high-pointed right over Auburn CB Chris Davis. Tracked the ball whole way. Timed leap perfectly. Nice body control.

From Edraft.com - "Alabama's Kevin Norwood had a series of good catches both of the short and long kind as well as the catch of the day going up and over Chris Davis to catch the ball at its highest point on a deep fade along the sideline."

Marquavius Burnett ‏@Marq_Burnett · Jan 20
South practice: Hubbard worked at ILB. Norwood caught everything thrown his way. Stinson hurt his groin. Mandell drilled punts in warmups.

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I remember getting "buried" in a thread last year for simply saying, "Glad to see Kevin get the recognition he deserves".
Everybody had a negative about his speed, his size, some idiot had the D.A. attitude, "Besides the LSU game, he's never really done much".
One guy actually said, "Take off your south Mississippi glasses and see him for what he is, an ordinary receiver"...
Well, I simply rest my case. Norwood came through when we needed him.
I'm glad to see him working his way to the next level.
He'll make it.
sip

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I remember getting "buried" in a thread last year for simply saying, "Glad to see Kevin get the recognition he deserves".
Everybody had a negative about his speed, his size, some idiot had the D.A. attitude, "Besides the LSU game, he's never really done much".
One guy actually said, "Take off your south Mississippi glasses and see him for what he is, an ordinary receiver"...
He'll make it.
sip

Bless your heart.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
He is going to be a big asset to a NFL team, in so many ways. I look forward to seeing Norwood playing on Sundays.

So as of right now, is Julio the only Bama WR in the NFL?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
He'll make it.
sip
I'm hearing he may end up being the #1 pick. We heard it from you first.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I'm happy to see Norwood succeed, and he was a major contributor to our success this year. But prior to this year, he had not shown much other than a good game against LSU in the BCSCG. That was good, but not enough to warrant much in the way of preseason accolades. That said, I'd love to see him work his way into the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I'm happy to see Norwood succeed, and he was a major contributor to our success this year. But prior to this year, he had not shown much other than a good game against LSU in the BCSCG. That was good, but not enough to warrant much in the way of preseason accolades. That said, I'd love to see him work his way into the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft.
Sorry prof....Not changing my stance on ya. Bless my heart...and Bless Yours too :)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Nobody wants Kevin to not succeed. Its kinda like the situation with Maze/Hanks after their senior years. A lot people on here (not everybody) said they would be sure fire draft picks and make it in the NFL. That didn't happen and may not happen with Kevin. None of those guys have elite physical tools that make NFL receivers great. Sure if the Broncos, Patriots, or eagles pick KN he can certainly be successful. But he's not a guy you take and think he can make an immediate impact. I hope he does well and gets drafted. From the looks of it he will. He just needs a strong senior bowl and strong combine.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He'll make it.
sip
I admit that I had written him off as just a "good college player" who had great nerves for the big moment. He may make a run at being something in the NFL. Maybe not star quality but I also never thought Florida's Cooper would make the impact he has in the NFL either. He was a big play, big moment guy for the Gators too.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I was just pulling for Kevin. If you have a problem with that then stick it where the sun don't shine.
Not sure why you would say that. I have nothing personal against KN or you. Seems like you get real defensive when someone has a differing view than you. Its just a message board.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I admit that I had written him off as just a "good college player" who had great nerves for the big moment. He may make a run at being something in the NFL. Maybe not star quality but I also never thought Florida's Cooper would make the impact he has in the NFL either. He was a big play, big moment guy for the Gators too.
You and me hooked horns, but I respect your opinions and like you as a tide fan. You're ok in my book. sip

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
My opinion on him was never negative per se but I might have undersold how he can impact games. Cooper had two big games to end the year and eclipse him in yardage but Norwood was our best receiver this season.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
All the kid did was make big plays in big games when the ball was thrown to him. IMO, I think Norwood will increase his stock with a good senior bowl game. I wish the young man the very best.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.