Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 15
  1. #1
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    19,047
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    January 24-25 Recruiting Weekend

    Link

    Alabama will play host to three uncommitted stars for official visits this weekend along with three currently committed players.

    Headlining the visitor list for Alabama is five-star cornerback Marlon Humphrey. The Hoover High School product and son of Alabama legend Bobby Humphrey is ranked by 247Sports as the nation's No. 1 cornerback prospect and has remained a high priority for the Crimson Tide throughout the recruiting process as they look to inject more talent into the cornerback position. Humphrey is also considering Florida State, where he officially visited last weekend with his family before driving to Tuscaloosa for a quick unofficial visit on Sunday night. Humphrey also plans to run track at the college level, something that his good friend Tony Brown has already begun doing at Alabama.

    Joining Humphrey on the visit will be a pair of defensive stars from the state of Georgia. South Carolina outside linebacker commit Bryson Allen-Williams will take an official visit to Alabama over the weekend with the 6-foot-1, 222-pound defender still looking at a few options as National Signing Day approaches. Allen-Williams is rated a four-star prospect according to the 247Composite rankings and is the nation's No. 8 outside linebacker prospect.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

    Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

  2. Advertisement
  3. #2
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: January 24-25 Recruiting Weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    If accurate, GREAT news on D. Jackson!

  4. #3
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Huntsville
    Posts
    1,880
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: January 24-25 Recruiting Weekend

    I haven't heard Bryson Allen-Williams' name mentioned much. Is he someone who just wants to use all of his official visits and see the campus or is he a serious prospect that we have a chance to sign?
    We could use another OLB type. Not sure where Ronnie clark will fall. Christian Miller might end up in the Mike or Sam.

  5. #4
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: January 24-25 Recruiting Weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by glasscutter256 View Post
    I haven't heard Bryson Allen-Williams' name mentioned much. Is he someone who just wants to use all of his official visits and see the campus or is he a serious prospect that we have a chance to sign?
    We could use another OLB type. Not sure where Ronnie clark will fall. Christian Miller might end up in the Mike or Sam.
    If you check out the recruiting page on the AJC, the kid's mom, who's a bit of a social media hound, caused quite the storm by putting out a statement saying her son is firmly committed to Carolina, but will be taking a few trips on other schools' "dimes" to check some places out. I forget which all-star game he played in, but apparently he was the best LB by far.

  6. #5
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Huntsville
    Posts
    1,880
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: January 24-25 Recruiting Weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEyeshade View Post
    If you check out the recruiting page on the AJC, the kid's mom, who's a bit of a social media hound, caused quite the storm by putting out a statement saying her son is firmly committed to Carolina, but will be taking a few trips on other schools' "dimes" to check some places out. I forget which all-star game he played in, but apparently he was the best LB by far.
    Hmmm. thanks. I guess if kids want to visit and our coaches will let them, all is fair in recruiting visits. I just hope he doesn't bash us in front of our prospects. If they want a free meal and hotel for a couple of days that bad, maybe they need one.

  7. #6
    BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Argo, AL, St Clair
    Posts
    3,020
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: January 24-25 Recruiting Weekend

    The news on Dominick Jackson is interesting. I never really expected him to qualify. If he does qualify and he is as good as some people think it add's a very interesting piece to the OL puzzle. From the film I watched the guy is big (obviously) he huscles, and he has what I call focus. He locks in on his guy and want's to bury him. Even as the play finalizes elsewhere he keeps at it. it's like he has a personal grudge against his guy. That sort of thing wears a defender down as the game goes on.
    BS 1989

  8. #7
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    Posts
    5,015
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by glasscutter256 View Post
    Hmmm. thanks. I guess if kids want to visit and our coaches will let them, all is fair in recruiting visits. I just hope he doesn't bash us in front of our prospects. If they want a free meal and hotel for a couple of days that bad, maybe they need one.
    Williams is very close with Brandon Greene, and has pretty much said that is why he is visiting. If that is the case, it's hard to see him coming here to be negative. He does seem firmly committed to USCe, but is an outstanding player. He is kind of a late bloomer, and as someone else, he showed out at the UA game. He is probably just enjoying the recruiting process.

  9. #8
    News|BB|FB|Rec Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    11,419
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: January 24-25 Recruiting Weekend

    Add Boston, Flournoy-Smith officials and Hand unofficial.....big weekend

  10. #9
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: January 24-25 Recruiting Weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post
    Add Boston, Flournoy-Smith officials and Hand unofficial.....big weekend
    Hand coming in to help recruit. That`s the sort of thing that leaders do. Very impressive young man, apparently.

  11. #10
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    8,801
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: January 24-25 Recruiting Weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by bamaslammer View Post
    The news on Dominick Jackson is interesting. I never really expected him to qualify. If he does qualify and he is as good as some people think it add's a very interesting piece to the OL puzzle. From the film I watched the guy is big (obviously) he huscles, and he has what I call focus. He locks in on his guy and want's to bury him. Even as the play finalizes elsewhere he keeps at it. it's like he has a personal grudge against his guy. That sort of thing wears a defender down as the game goes on.
    That is exactly how Barrett, Steen, Chance, and Fluker were. Most of these OL are just like that which is why I'm so excited about them. I prefer the we're gonna just run your butt over rather than than the zone blocking. We just had a super talented bunch that could do it all. They really spoiled us. Here's to returning to domination.

  12. #11
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    688
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: January 24-25 Recruiting Weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by bamacon View Post
    That is exactly how Barrett, Steen, Chance, and Fluker were. Most of these OL are just like that which is why I'm so excited about them. I prefer the we're gonna just run your butt over rather than than the zone blocking. We just had a super talented bunch that could do it all. They really spoiled us. Here's to returning to domination.
    I believe the formations don't matter - if you control the line of scrimmage, you can run any offense you want. In our 2 losses, we did not control the LOS in key situations. 2013 was the best group of skill players we've ever had IMO, but the OL didn't get it done at key moments and all the accumulated talent of the skill players didn't matter.

  13. #12
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    266
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: January 24-25 Recruiting Weekend

    it just seemed to me that the 2013 off line just did not play physical inside the tackles, except for steen. steen i recognized his freshman year that with his aggressive nature he would be a good one, and he has. the rest of the off line seemed like a finesse coached line. only when chad lindsay got a chance did they seem to be physical. i do believe with the recruits coming in good things will happen again.

  14. #13
    BamaNation First Team BamaGreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brentwood, TN
    Posts
    982
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: January 24-25 Recruiting Weekend

    Scout reporting that Boston did not get an offer from Alabama during his official visit. I read that as meaning the staff is feeling solid with another player or two that do have offers.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!