OK, Let`s Try Something Else. Chad Lindsey a Starter Next Year?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I was pretty impressed with Chad`s performance, but looks like a natural guard. Anybody see him as one of the five best next season?

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
Yes he has been a good one hope he starts, has paid his dues so to speak of course he will have to earn it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He didn't replace Steen for the Sugar Bowl and never made a push to pass Arie AFAIK, so I'm not sure we'll see him at guard in 2014.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Just an FYI the film I saw of Dominick Jackson he was playing Guard. Saban usually expects junior college transfer's to start. you can put two and two together there. By the way he had a habit of pancaking people. I'm good with guys who block but I'm even better with guys who want to destroy the other guy's dignity.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Just an FYI the film I saw of Dominick Jackson he was playing Guard. Saban usually expects junior college transfer's to start. you can put two and two together there. By the way he had a habit of pancaking people. I'm good with guys who block but I'm even better with guys who want to destroy the other guy's dignity.
Saban told him this week he'll get a shot at both tackle spots.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I'm good with guys who block but I'm even better with guys who want to destroy the other guy's dignity.
Yep - we need some nastiness back. Fluker and Warmack set that attitude in '12 (and Jones had a mean streak at times also). '13 didn't seem to have that guy who was truly hell-bent on putting his mans back into the dirt.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
Seems like Cristobal will survive for year two as OL coach. I too am looking for a lot more aggressiveness and physicality at the LOS. If we look like we are on ice skates again, with all the nastiness of the traveling ice capades, I would imagine a new attitude adjuster at the Capstone will be in order.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yep - we need some nastiness back. Fluker and Warmack set that attitude in '12 (and Jones had a mean streak at times also). '13 didn't seem to have that guy who was truly hell-bent on putting his mans back into the dirt.
I believe that has more to do with coaching than players. Jeff Stoutland leaves for the Eagles and makes them one of, if not the, best OL in the NFL.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Yep, of course none of us knows for sure, but I`d be very surprised that if we don`t see a more aggressive style of play from the OL (we`ll need it with a new QB and the related need for a dominant running game, IMHO), that CMC will not be coaching these new, highly thought of OL recruits coming aboard this year.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I believe that has more to do with coaching than players. Jeff Stoutland leaves for the Eagles and makes them one of, if not the, best OL in the NFL.
This. I've not been impressed with Cristobal at ALL.

With the exception of CL it seemed no one was aggressively going after the opposing D lineman. They all just tried to not get beat... And in turn got beat... A lot... Except Steen.

It makes me wonder if Lindsay wasn't starting because he was playing with a motor instead of what was being coached which would be concerning. Of all the changes that have been going on OL coaching was the one I was wanting.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
i still think chad was the best option at center, like some have said, he is physical, and likes to attack the opposition. he has the size and mentality to get it done. our offensive line this past season, seemed a lot more passive. steen appeared to be the only aggressive off lineman. he was always like that even in soph year. i still think arie is a average guard. i think his brother being in the lineup had a lot to do with that position. we have at least 6 big time off line recruits coming in, and they appear to be tough customers. i expect cam robinson to start, brown somewhere, and hopefully, chad at center.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I think Grant Hill starts somewhere. I thought he handled himself well with the exception of some false starts.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.