Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Putting a Bow on this class

Well, here we are a week and a half from signing day and we have our sights set on a tremendous day February 5th. We already have a superb class but there are a couple of pieces left out there that can make this recruiting year one to talk about for decades to come. Below are the names left that I think are left on our board. Who do we get? Where does Coker fit into things? Am I leaving anyone out?

Hump
    Elam
    Evans
    Thomas
    Dupre
    Ross

This is no specific order...well, maybe my wish list order. I'm not sure how many spots we have left but the top three are priority in my view. How do we close guys?
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Putting a Bow on this class

Ross, at this point, looks like a closed door. He had a spot for one visit and appears to have chosen Miami over us. Hard to imagine him committing at this point without visiting, though it has happened before. Like your list, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    Well, here we are a week and a half from signing day and we have our sights set on a tremendous day February 5th. We already have a superb class but there are a couple of pieces left out there that can make this recruiting year one to talk about for decades to come. Below are the names left that I think are left on our board. Who do we get? Where does Coker fit into things? Am I leaving anyone out?

Hump
    Elam
    Evans
    Thomas
    Dupre
    Ross

This is no specific order...well, maybe my wish list order. I'm not sure how many spots we have left but the top three are priority in my view. How do we close guys?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEyeshade View Post
    Ross, at this point, looks like a closed door. He had a spot for one visit and appears to have chosen Miami over us. Hard to imagine him committing at this point without visiting, though it has happened before. Like your list, though.
    Yea, Ross is a probably a long shot. But he has an offer so you never know. Given the Coker situation, though, I get the feeling that we only have a couple of spots left. If that is the case then I'd say we are rolling the dice to get two between Hump, Elam and Evans. That, of course, is total speculation on my part.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

A new safety was offered today by Kirby. I think he is coming in this weekend for a visit. He is committed to ECU, but I can't remember his name.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Updated List:

Hump
    Elam
    Evans
    Thomas
    Dupre
    Ross
    Markell Boston (visiting this weekend)
    Ty Flournoy-Smith
    Last edited by CoolBreeze; January 24th, 2014 at 10:04 PM.

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Drew DeArmond ‏@DrewDALIntel · 30m
    As has been rumored 4 the past month; Hoover punter Tuck Borrie is in T-town currently & has accepted an offer 2 walk on at 🅰🐘@BucsFootball
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    Drew DeArmond ‏@DrewDALIntel · 30m
    As has been rumored 4 the past month; Hoover punter Tuck Borrie is in T-town currently & has accepted an offer 2 walk on at 🅰🐘@BucsFootball
    Nice!

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Here's a free update from BOL on who is on campus.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Article...Jan-24--173082

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

If we can just get Humphrey, Elam, and Evans and we sign the rest already committed I would be very very happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    If we can just get Humphrey, Elam, and Evans and we sign the rest already committed I would be very very happy.
    Man, that would be historic class! I don't know, I still think Elam and Evans are long shots at best. We really need Humphrey, sign a position of need like Ross or Boston and bring in Coker along with the rest...that is a killer class!

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    The best recruiting class ever!!!

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJama17 View Post
    The best recruiting class ever!!!

Agreed that it looks good on paper. Gonna be tough to be better than 2008, though: Julio Jones, Damien Square, Upshaw, Barrett Jones, Robert Lester, Ingram, Hightower, Dareus, Cody, Barron, B Smelley, M Williams . . . . several others who were important contributors.

That group won some games.
    Last edited by bama579; January 26th, 2014 at 07:34 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bama579 View Post
    Agreed that it looks good on paper. Gonna be tough to be better than 2008, though: Julio Jones, Damien Square, Upshaw, Barrett Jones, Robert Lester, Ingram, Hightower, Dareus, Cody, Barron, B Smelley, M Williams . . . . several others who were important contributors
    Yeah that's true and to think most "experts" people were saying that Miami's class that year was the best. I knew that was BS from the start.