Putting a Bow on this class

BLP14

Jan 22, 2014
Have heard the flip rumor from a good source....not a clue on who it could be.
So you have a good source that says we are flipping an Auburn commit, but you don't know who? Not trying to doubt you, but if that's the case why didn't he at least tell you who it might be? I mean the people in the know have to have some clue who it might be. It's not like the coaches are going to pick some random Auburn commit from a hat and that's whose flipping. Not trying to be rude I just don't see how having a good source but not having a clue on who it is adds up. Unless he just didn't want to tell you.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
So you have a good source that says we are flipping an Auburn commit, but you don't know who? Not trying to doubt you, but if that's the case why didn't he at least tell you who it might be? I mean the people in the know have to have some clue who it might be. It's not like the coaches are going to pick some random Auburn commit from a hat and that's whose flipping. Not trying to be rude I just don't see how having a good source but not having a clue on who it is adds up. Unless he just didn't want to tell you.
"And Bingo was his name O!" ;)

matt632001

Jan 6, 2014
Sean White would just be hilarious. Not gonna happen, but since we're all throwing names against the wall....

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
You'll just have to be surprised along with the rest of the barner coaches...........:cool:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
If I was going to come to this board guns blazing, I don't think RTO would be my first target…Just saying', he's a MOD, and a good one, for a reason...

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Not that I owe you an explanation from your response....

A lot of information in recruiting is privileged. Some people ruin that privilege by releasing names and sources for a quick "insider-high" feeling. This source is not going to release a name and ruin his source and access to info. Also, in some cases, people get info that, if released, might ruin the situation for the recruit.

BLP14

Jan 22, 2014
Not that I owe you an explanation from your response....

A lot of information in recruiting is privileged. Some people ruin that privilege by releasing names and sources for a quick "insider-high" feeling. This source is not going to release a name and ruin his source and access to info. Also, in some cases, people get info that, if released, might ruin the situation for the recruit.
Very true. Didn't look to see you were a mod either, apologies....I'm just trying to figure out who this flip is, because there are a lot of rumors we are flipping an Aubie, but I have not heard a consensus name.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Very true. Didn't look to see you were a mod either, apologies....I'm just trying to figure out who this flip is, because there are a lot of rumors we are flipping an Aubie, but I have not heard a consensus name.
Even with the decent source, I tend to not believe it.....would still like to be surprised.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Under Saban we have had both quite signing days and those giving us great surprises. We just added Flournoy-Smith and it is my belief that we are done. The staff (like the rest of us) is holding out hope that Evans and/or Dupree will give us a present tomorrow but I don't think we get either. I also don't think that would be a disappointment at all. If all stays quite and we sign who verballed then we are all going to be very blessed with a historic class for the ages.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
I don't think Elam was that big of a need.
As I've stated in paraphrase before, I always regarded Elam in the same boat as guys like Roc Thomas and Leonard Fournette, i.e. fine additions that I would like to have, but not real needs or major losses should they go elsewhere.

Coming into this class, I felt our needs were as follows, in no particular order:

(1) A top quarterback (because you need one of those in just about every class)
(2) To revamp the OL by signing a large OL class, with possibly JUCO help at OT
(3) Upgrade pass defense by finding cornerbacks and edge rushers

Obviously we've got a long way to go and things are just getting started, but in terms of targeting needs we have largely hit home runs on all three fronts at least in the initial recruiting phase. No guarantees that any of it pans out, but on the front end all you can hope is that you get the guys you want and the guys that you get address the most glaring needs that you have, and we've certainly succeeded in that respect.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.