Putting a Bow on this class

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Y'all remember when CNS called the 2011 defense a "hateful bunch"? The next three years will resemble them but with the addition of a ferocious pass rush. There will be skid marks galore in the collective britches if many an sec backfield for a while. Daggum WV can't get here soon enough!!!

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Saban after the 2009 Texas game: "This isn't the end; this isn't the end; this is the beginning." Days like today put an exclamation point on that statement.

It DOES feel strange that there isn't a "running back" in this group. Sure, there is Henry, Tenpenny, and Jones from last year and Scarborough may end up there. Still seems odd that there isn't a running back in the 26.
CNS said Scarbrough is THE RB in this class. Obviously, he can play MUCH more than RB and that is a win-win for everybody!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
we ran the same package a lot in 2012, and we had a first rounder at CB then. We use it a lot against the spread teams or at medium down/distance where the opponent is more likely pass, but the run is still an option. one or two of the S walks up like an LB but is a bit better in coverage than most of our LBs would be if needed.
We did? I recall packages with Dee, Belue, and Fulton or Geno Smith at CB and HaHa, Vinnie, and/or Lester/Landon at Safety. Am I missing someone?

This past season, Geno played safety because he was needed. He appears to have made the permanent switch, too. He was recruited for CB, though.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Interesting that no players out of Mississippi. The roster is getting short of Mississippi players. Have Ole Miss and MSU put up a fence around the state?

MS has talented players but the population is relatively low. Are the good players hard to find? Hard to qualify? Just better to put efforts elsewhere? With the national flavor on this recruiting class I guess some local areas will suffer; no Tennessee players as well.

Along with the other great things that came with Evans picking Bama, it is nice to get another
Deep South player, especially from in-state.

Last edited:

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Am I right, or did we not only pull the top prospect right out of Auburn from Malzahn. But, we also pulled a top prospect from Malzahn's old town in Arkansas, Springdale?

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
We did? I recall packages with Dee, Belue, and Fulton or Geno Smith at CB and HaHa, Vinnie, and/or Lester/Landon at Safety. Am I missing someone?

This past season, Geno played safety because he was needed. He appears to have made the permanent switch, too. He was recruited for CB, though.
sure did. We had packages with Lester, Perry, Sunseri and HaHa all on the field. in 12 it was lester and haha playing like traditional S, with Vinnie and Perry playing closer. in 13 it was more variable due to all the injuries.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.