Putting a Bow on this class

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Well, here we are a week and a half from signing day and we have our sights set on a tremendous day February 5th. We already have a superb class but there are a couple of pieces left out there that can make this recruiting year one to talk about for decades to come. Below are the names left that I think are left on our board. Who do we get? Where does Coker fit into things? Am I leaving anyone out?

Hump
Elam
Evans
Thomas
Dupre
Ross

This is no specific order...well, maybe my wish list order. I'm not sure how many spots we have left but the top three are priority in my view. How do we close guys?

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Ross, at this point, looks like a closed door. He had a spot for one visit and appears to have chosen Miami over us. Hard to imagine him committing at this point without visiting, though it has happened before. Like your list, though.

Well, here we are a week and a half from signing day and we have our sights set on a tremendous day February 5th. We already have a superb class but there are a couple of pieces left out there that can make this recruiting year one to talk about for decades to come. Below are the names left that I think are left on our board. Who do we get? Where does Coker fit into things? Am I leaving anyone out?

Hump
Elam
Evans
Thomas
Dupre
Ross

This is no specific order...well, maybe my wish list order. I'm not sure how many spots we have left but the top three are priority in my view. How do we close guys?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Ross, at this point, looks like a closed door. He had a spot for one visit and appears to have chosen Miami over us. Hard to imagine him committing at this point without visiting, though it has happened before. Like your list, though.
Yea, Ross is a probably a long shot. But he has an offer so you never know. Given the Coker situation, though, I get the feeling that we only have a couple of spots left. If that is the case then I'd say we are rolling the dice to get two between Hump, Elam and Evans. That, of course, is total speculation on my part.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
A new safety was offered today by Kirby. I think he is coming in this weekend for a visit. He is committed to ECU, but I can't remember his name.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Updated List:

Hump
Elam
Evans
Thomas
Dupre
Ross
Markell Boston (visiting this weekend)
Ty Flournoy-Smith

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
If we can just get Humphrey, Elam, and Evans and we sign the rest already committed I would be very very happy.
Man, that would be historic class! I don't know, I still think Elam and Evans are long shots at best. We really need Humphrey, sign a position of need like Ross or Boston and bring in Coker along with the rest...that is a killer class!

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
The best recruiting class ever!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed that it looks good on paper. Gonna be tough to be better than 2008, though: Julio Jones, Damien Square, Upshaw, Barrett Jones, Robert Lester, Ingram, Hightower, Dareus, Cody, Barron, B Smelley, M Williams . . . . several others who were important contributors.

That group won some games.

Last edited:

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Agreed that it looks good on paper. Gonna be tough to be better than 2008, though: Julio Jones, Damien Square, Upshaw, Barrett Jones, Robert Lester, Ingram, Hightower, Dareus, Cody, Barron, B Smelley, M Williams . . . . several others who were important contributors
Yeah that's true and to think most "experts" people were saying that Miami's class that year was the best. I knew that was BS from the start.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Just for kicks and giggles -my perception of how things have progressed and the order that we are likely to sign them...

Hump
Boston
Thomas
Ross
Flournoy-Smith
Dupre
Elam
Evans

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Reporter from Varsity Preps...

@stacypriestVP Nick Saban and Billy Napier came to Shreveport on Tuesday to visit 2014 DB Donovan Wilson. Utah commit..they want him to visit this weekend.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Reporter from Varsity Preps...

@stacypriestVP Nick Saban and Billy Napier came to Shreveport on Tuesday to visit 2014 DB Donovan Wilson. Utah commit..they want him to visit this weekend.
Nice...looks like we are after some depth. Our board has thinned quite a lot the past few days. 6 days from signing day we've come down to this:

Boston - looking more and more like a possibility
Thomas - long shot with Mom wanting to stay in Miami
Dupre - anybody's guess but we're still in play
Evans - I still think he is Aubie but we still have a shot
Ross - I have no speculation on him
Flournoy - Smith - nor do I have a read on this one
Donovan Wilson - not sure at all about this one

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
Nice...looks like we are after some depth. Our board has thinned quite a lot the past few days. 6 days from signing day we've come down to this:

Boston - looking more and more like a possibility
Thomas - long shot with Mom wanting to stay in Miami
Dupre - anybody's guess but we're still in play
Evans - I still think he is Aubie but we still have a shot
Ross - I have no speculation on him
Flournoy - Smith - nor do I have a read on this one
Donovan Wilson - not sure at all about this one[/QUOTE

We are at 25. How many more can we take. I assume some if we have some decommitments. Thought 25 was limit. Grayshirts?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We are at 25. How many more can we take. I assume some if we have some decommitments. Thought 25 was limit. Grayshirts?
Pettway doesn't count, so that puts Bama at 24. I read something last week where a recruit said Saban told him Bama can sign a total of 26 IIRC.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.