Safety Markell Boston Commits to Auburn

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
Re: Safety Markell Boston making official visit this weekend

His insticts are what jumped out at me as well. He certainly seems to have the physical tools, but it sure seemed like he read a lot of the plays very quickly. Hard to believe he is relatively new to the position.
Strong, not adverse to contact and hits like a chunk of granite. I hope we can find a spot for him.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

And that's what's wrong with recruiting today. These camps and the 7-on-7's are starting to look like the AAU (60 Minutes on Sports did a great expose on this in the fall of 2013). I see very talented kids here in the Tampa Bay Area every year, who go unnoticed and end up going DII or NAIA somewhere or leaving football altogether.
Talented kids have gotten overlooked all along...its just more noticed now because of all the attention placed on recruiting.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Did Elam just do Boston a big favor?
that was one link in the chain..... still looking at Evans, Dupre, and Thomas. Couple that with academic questions of Smith and Williams, and Boston and Flournoy-Smith may get offers.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

that was one link in the chain..... still looking at Evans, Dupre, and Thomas. Couple that with academic questions of Smith and Williams, and Boston and Flournoy-Smith may get offers.
IMHO, Evans, Dupre, and Thomas would have to be considered as long shots at best. I`ll be shocked if at least one of Smith and Williams doesn`t end up some place else. Flournoy-Smith? I think the odds are in favor of Boston joining this class.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

I think Williams cleared up the academic situation about a month ago. Scarbrough is the bigger academic question than Williams from my understanding, but Hope isn't lost on Bo.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Not saying Boston has an offer coming, but missing on Elam and the potential de-commitments of Smith and Williams will really help his chances of landing an offer.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

I think Williams cleared up the academic situation about a month ago. Scarbrough is the bigger academic question than Williams from my understanding, but Hope isn't lost on Bo.
Not with Williams all of a sudden taking an official to UCF. Sounds like he is looking for an easier admission or guaranteed sign and place.... much like OJ Smith.

keep hearing Bo's is "doable"

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

IMHO, Evans, Dupre, and Thomas would have to be considered as long shots at best. I`ll be shocked if at least one of Smith and Williams doesn`t end up some place else. Flournoy-Smith? I think the odds are in favor of Boston joining this class.
Evans isnt a long shot. Not guaranteeing he come to bama, but that's closer than people think.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Not with Williams all of a sudden taking an official to UCF. Sounds like he is looking for an easier admission or guaranteed sign and place.... much like OJ Smith.

keep hearing Bo's is "doable"
i thought Williams had a much improved ACT score and that meant his core GPA would be okay if he finished decently. UCF is easier to qualify and may be more likely to do the sign and place since we are limited by the 25 rule, so you're probably right with the latest development.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Not saying Boston has an offer coming, but missing on Elam and the potential de-commitments of Smith and Williams will really help his chances of landing an offer.
Is it generally assumed that if he gets an offer he`ll accept and come aboard?

RT3413

All-American
Sep 14, 2004
Atlanta, GA

That video is truly impressive. If he's got a head on his shoulders even close to his athletic ability and can pick up the Saban defense he could be a contributor fairly early on... He's showing taking an Official at Nebraska this weekend though, not sure how that would impact us.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

i thought Williams had a much improved ACT score and that meant his core GPA would be okay if he finished decently. UCF is easier to qualify and may be more likely to do the sign and place since we are limited by the 25 rule, so you're probably right with the latest development.
apparently his GPA must've been really low. worth watching over the weekend.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Is it generally assumed that if he gets an offer he`ll accept and come aboard?
after his official to Bama, he got several big offers including Nebraska. Safe to say he won't be at ECU. Coming from GA, I think he would rather be at Bama.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

after his official to Bama, he got several big offers including Nebraska. Safe to say he won't be at ECU. Coming from GA, I think he would rather be at Bama.
Given the late timing of his "commitment" to ECU, it seemed fairly obvious to me that he was just doing that to lock in a spot while trying to bargain his way up to a better program. Not sure if he signs with 'Bama, but highly doubt he ends up at ECU.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Like I always say, CNS is the REAL recruiting expert all others look to. Funny how interest from CNS often means more stars for players, especially ones of the radar.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

Boston is an intriguing secondary player to me. His size would allow him to be flexible enough to come down and cover or play the outfield.

Can't get enough good DBS these days.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

I get the feeling we will be seeing Boston in Crimson come August.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

awburn offered and he committed....

could mean lots of things:

1) we feel good on Evans and/or Dupre

or 2) we offered Flournoy-Smith

3) or there is a surprise....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.