*** Former FSU QB Jacob Coker Transferring to Alabama ***

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Re: Potential QB Transfer Jacob Coker Updates

A little sad. He's not as cute in those photos above as in the other ones. He needs a haircut. The 70's called, they want their hairstyle back! :(

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Re: QB Jacob Coker?

Doe sanyone who followed his recruiting rememeber why he was only a 3*? With his measurables and athleticism you would think he would be rated higher than that. Was there something holding back in the final rankings?
The evaluation process to determine "star power" of a HS athlete is very subjective and appears also to be dependent on which schools are recruiting him. If Chattanooga is recruiting a guy so what? However, if Coach Saban suddenly turns up in the same recruit's home, then his recruitment/star power is enhanced and he is more likely to get other top D1 schools looking at him.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Re: QB Jacob Coker?

The evaluation process to determine "star power" of a HS athlete is very subjective and appears also to be dependent on which schools are recruiting him. If Chattanooga is recruiting a guy so what? However, if Coach Saban suddenly turns up in the same recruit's home, then his recruitment/star power is enhanced and he is more likely to get other top D1 schools looking at him.
If he comes to Bama then Rivals will retroactively make him a 5-star :)

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

A little sad. He's not as cute in those photos above as in the other ones. He needs a haircut. The 70's called, they want their hairstyle back! :(

Aw Belle ya never know. I remember one photo recently that had everyone say how FAT and and OUT OF SHAPE, Eddie Lacy, the NFL's Rookie of the Year, was before the season. :)

James Teasdale

Suspended
Jan 5, 2014

Tied

Aug 16, 2012

wish it was warmer for the visit. I always wonder if crappy weather hurts much on a visit.

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005

Per Cecil Hurt's tweet a couple hours ago...Coker is on campus tonight for a visit.
... CBS is reporting the same

EDIT: it appears that this writer is probably sourcing Cecil :)

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Per Cecil Hurt's tweet a couple hours ago...Coker is on campus tonight for a visit.
Well that was quick. Last thing I heard was he was planning a trip "in the near future." Sounds to me that it will be a done deal by tomorrow afternoon...just needs to hit the books and graduate on time. The QB position just got stronger.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Well that was quick. Last thing I heard was he was planning a trip "in the near future." Sounds to me that it will be a done deal by tomorrow afternoon...just needs to hit the books and graduate on time. The QB position just got stronger.
Much stronger.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Bruce Feldman reports on his twitter account that Jacob Coker has committed to Alabama.

@BFeldmanCBS: Strong-armed #FSU QB transfer Jacob Coker has committed to #Bama 247 reports. Eligible this fall: http://t.co/srQUCFRNDC

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Bruce Feldman reports on his twitter account that Jacob Coker has committed to Alabama.

@BFeldmanCBS: Strong-armed #FSU QB transfer Jacob Coker has committed to #Bama 247 reports. Eligible this fall: http://t.co/srQUCFRNDC
Sounds like as long as he picks up the offense and puts in work he is likely to be the starter. Does anyone know, can Bama send him our playbook for him to be learning? Not saying we would, just wondering is that is something we would do to give him a headstart before fall camp.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Sounds like as long as he picks up the offense and puts in work he is likely to be the starter. Does anyone know, can Bama send him our playbook for him to be learning? Not saying we would, just wondering is that is something we would do to give him a headstart before fall camp.
Recruits get the playbook after they sign. I'm sure Coker will get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Re: Coker has transferred to Alabama per Bleacher Report....

Multiple people on twitter confirming this as well. Committed last night. But they say he won't officially transfer till the summer. RTR!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.