Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

LSU's Cam Cameron on the same plane with LSU recruits who were visiting UCLA

On the final weekend of the drama that is college football recruiting, 3 student athletes from Louisiana are traveling to Westwood to visit UCLA. There appears to be a questionable passenger making the same trip.

http://www.bruinsnation.com/2014/1/3...uiting-efforts

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: LSU's Cam Cameron on the same plane with LSU recruits who were visiting UCLA

This is scraping the bottom of the barrel even for LSU.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

Re: LSU's Cam Cameron on the same plane with LSU recruits who were visiting UCLA

I love college football as much as any college football fan possibly can, but, it's really embarrassing how shady recruiting can become..And some folks wonder how come these kids have a huge sense of entitlement & actually believe they're above the Law..

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by ALA2262 View Post
    On the final weekend of the drama that is college football recruiting, 3 student athletes from Louisiana are traveling to Westwood to visit UCLA. There appears to be a questionable passenger making the same trip.

http://www.bruinsnation.com/2014/1/3...uiting-efforts
    Now that`s just absurd. Andi I`d say that if we did it too. That`s really low rent.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

Yup..The Swamp Kittens has taken recruiting to another level of scumage..And yeah I'd be really embarrassed had our coaches done this as well..
    Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Now that`s just absurd. Andi I`d say that if we did it too. That`s really low rent.

BamaNation All-American

Ol Les must be worried about his job. Whose Plane are they on? LSU wouldnt fly recruits to UCLA and UCLA wouldn't send a plane to Louisiana to pick up recruits and allow Cam Cameron a free ride unless it's just so he can visit family there.
    Last edited by capnfrog; February 3rd, 2014 at 08:17 AM.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

BamaNation First Team

I would be concerned if it was my Son on that plane being stalked by some coach. I might just tell my boy that he is not going to school with people like that. And when asked about it, I would say that I do not want my child around stalkers. And, ask if LSU is going to be the next Penn State??

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by bamapuppy View Post
    I would be concerned if it was my Son on that plane being stalked by some coach. I might just tell my boy that he is not going to school with people like that. And when asked about it, I would say that I do not want my child around stalkers. And, ask if LSU is going to be the next Penn State??

Sorry, but there's no way these can be considered similar issues. It is sleazy recruiting, but that's all.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by capnfrog View Post
    Ol Les must be worried about his job. Whose Plane are they on? LSU wouldnt fly recruits to UCLA and UCLA wouldn't send a plane to Louisiana to pick up recruits and allow Cam Cameron a free ride unless it's just so he can visit family there.
    UCLA pays for the plane ride, but they don't send the university jet to get the players. They fly on a national airline.

A few things that make this stick out to me:

1) Cameron going to LA in the first place. Shouldn't he be in Baton Rouge recruiting the visitors on campus for the weekend?
    2) He takes the same flight as Dupre and the other two recruits.
    3) His seat is next to Dupre's. I'm sure that was all by chance.
    4) He's staying at the same hotel as the UCLA recruits. There are how many hotels in LA?
    5) His return flight was the same as the recruits. Again, I'm sure his secretary just happened to select that one.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    UCLA pays for the plane ride, but they don't send the university jet to get the players. They fly on a national airline.

A few things that make this stick out to me:

1) Cameron going to LA in the first place. Shouldn't he be in Baton Rouge recruiting the visitors on campus for the weekend?
    2) He takes the same flight as Dupre and the other two recruits.
    3) His seat is next to Dupre's. I'm sure that was all by chance.
    4) He's staying at the same hotel as the UCLA recruits. There are how many hotels in LA?
    5) His return flight was the same as the recruits. Again, I'm sure his secretary just happened to select that one.
    It`s hard to know what to say about this, if you know what I mean. Words just fail me.

BamaNation All-American

LSU and their fans seem to feel somehow they own players from that state.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post

They have 6 of the top 15 from Louisiana this year. We already have 4 of Louisiana's finest 15, and may get one more, but perhaps they'll just tell themselves Les is more?

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    and then when the player goes to another team/state, they say they didn't want them to start with! cameron, jones, lacy, etc. were all "unwanted." what a joke the Whos are!