TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: Latest OJ Smith interview makes me think he won't sign

We've offered Smith a greyshirt at this point given his ongoing academic issues and the uncertainty over whether or not he qualifies. Perhaps cooler heads prevail, but it doesn't seem like he's interested in it and the odds of us changing our minds on his offer seem pretty low. Odds are probably against him coming to Tuscaloosa at this point.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

We've offered Smith a greyshirt at this point given his ongoing academic issues and the uncertainty over whether or not he qualifies. Perhaps cooler heads prevail, but it doesn't seem like he's interested in it and the odds of us changing our minds on his offer seem pretty low. Odds are probably against him coming to Tuscaloosa at this point.
sounds like still the academic questions. We still want him and a gray shirt isn't a bad thing since almost all linemen need a year or two in the weight room. He wouldn't lose a season of eligibility. Wish him the best, but I think he's being short sighted if he was offended by the gray shirt when his academics don't seem to be where the staff wanted him to be.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

sounds like still the academic questions. We still want him and a gray shirt isn't a bad thing since almost all linemen need a year or two in the weight room. He wouldn't lose a season of eligibility. Wish him the best, but I think he's being short sighted if he was offended by the gray shirt when his academics don't seem to be where the staff wanted him to be.
it is....the dad has played it off as playing time, but we are offering to keep him, just bring him in later because we aren't sure he will qualify. Just depends if he gets his feelings hurt or not.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Just tweeted he will sign at 9:30. We'll see with who...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Tim Watts of BOL tweets OJ is expected to sign with Alabama.

mikeua69

All-American
Apr 16, 2002
Alabaster, AL

Tim Watts ‏@TimWatts_BOL 1m
OJ Smith is expected to sign his LOI with Alabama at 9:30.#NSD #Bama

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Okay. This is conflicting news with our local sports talk radio station this morning. Our local show reported this morning that Smith's dad announced this morning OJ would not be signing a LOI with anyone today. Something obviously changed.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Bone tweets he will sign with Bama today because the gray shirt offer was pulled last night.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA

Okay. This is conflicting news with our local sports talk radio station this morning. Our local show reported this morning that Smith's dad announced this morning OJ would not be signing a LOI with anyone today. Something obviously changed.
Yes. Something did change. I guess we'll find out exactly what that is as the day goes on.

https://twitter.com/AndrewJBone/status/431075514883641345
Andrew Bone said:
O.J. Smith will sign with #Alabama at 9:30 a.m. The grayshirt offer was taken off the table last night. #RivalsNSD

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

I think Williams finally deciding on UCF gave him a spot.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.