Suggestion for board: Flag threads that have posts by TIDE-HSV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
This is a little different topic from usual, but it's just a suggestion.

Whenever there is a flap going on about the team, I look forward to reading Earl's thoughts on the matter. Sometimes he checks in, it always seems helpful in understanding what's up to consider his point of view. I expect many feel the same way.

There's a lot of reading material on the board, it can be a tall order to read it all...sorting the wheat from the chaff, so to speak. A thread where Earl sheds some light can be a good choice when the reader is reviewing which thread to tackle.

I know after I've posted in a thread, there's a green light on that thread title to show me it's one I've participated in. That's very helpful. My suggestion is to make a similar flag for threads with Earl's thoughts, maybe a nice crimson color, or whatever, to clue in a reader which threads are likely to contain the best info.

Now let me reprimand myself for the most shameless moderator brown-nosing I've seen in a while here :eek2:

Any thoughts? If this is an improper topic I will completely understand. If this post just disappears I'll stand corrected. It might be that Earl would feel like doing this would over-emphasize his posts and would prefer to not be singled out. Or he may feel he participates in many threads, taking my suggestion would light up too many threads.

The suggestion is intended to compliment the quality of info Earl furnishes the board, and to remind people he does it on a volunteer basis.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Whenever there is a flap going on about the team, I look forward to reading Earl's thoughts on the matter. Sometimes he checks in, it always seems helpful in understanding what's up to consider his point of view. I expect many feel the same way.

There's a lot of reading material on the board, it can be a tall order to read it all...sorting the wheat from the chaff, so to speak. A thread where Earl sheds some light can be a good choice when the reader is reviewing which thread to tackle.

I know after I've posted in a thread, there's a green light on that thread title to show me it's one I've participated in. That's very helpful. My suggestion is to make a similar flag for threads with Earl's thoughts, maybe a nice crimson color, or whatever, to clue in a reader which threads are likely to contain the best info.

Now let me reprimand myself for the most shameless moderator brown-nosing I've seen in a while here :eek2:

Any thoughts? If this is an improper topic I will completely understand. If this post just disappears I'll stand corrected. It might be that Earl would feel like doing this would over-emphasize his posts and would prefer to not be singled out. Or he may feel he participates in many threads, taking my suggestion would light up too many threads.

The suggestion is intended to compliment the quality of info Earl furnishes the board, and to remind people he does it on a volunteer basis.
Wouldn`t bother me a bit ! I always look for Earle`s posts.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
E will probably be flattered, but wouldn't that sort of take away from the whole message board vibe? I mean, part of what's interesting about a message board is having to pour through the many viewpoints we find here. And even those with connections within the university and/or the football program can't always depend on their sources to give them dead-on info. I don't know...just a thought. Plus, remember, Earle posts in nearly every thread on the main board, so flagging the thread wouldn't meet the need it seems you have.

Rather than a flag, perhaps it would be more useful to rethink the 1st Team, 2nd Team, All-American tags under posters' usernames. They're not all that useful anyway. Maybe it would be of more use to grant a certain color as a background to the username (white for new posters, grey for posters with a moderate number of posts/reputation points, crimson for our posters with high post-count/reputation points, and perhaps black for BamaNation, JessN and Earle).

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
He's in Germany visiting his daughter's family. He'll be back soon.
And they don't have the internet in Germany? He can't log on once and let us know he's alive? We've been worried sick!!!!!!!

Seriously, I hope he's having fun and look forward to seeing his posts when he returns.

(And I always click open a thread if I see he has the most recent post).

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I'm not sure I look for Tide-Hsv. posts, but I read every one I see.
I agree with him almost all the time, but then, I sometimes go off the reservation.
Funny how 'Old Fogys'(sp) of a certain age share many of the same opinions.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
E will probably be flattered, but wouldn't that sort of take away from the whole message board vibe? I mean, part of what's interesting about a message board is having to pour through the many viewpoints we find here. And even those with connections within the university and/or the football program can't always depend on their sources to give them dead-on info. I don't know...just a thought. Plus, remember, Earle posts in nearly every thread on the main board, so flagging the thread wouldn't meet the need it seems you have.

Rather than a flag, perhaps it would be more useful to rethink the 1st Team, 2nd Team, All-American tags under posters' usernames. They're not all that useful anyway. Maybe it would be of more use to grant a certain color as a background to the username (white for new posters, grey for posters with a moderate number of posts/reputation points, crimson for our posters with high post-count/reputation points, and perhaps black for BamaNation, JessN and Earle).
Savannah, we've got a few who would need a blue and orange color background! Just sayin!

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I look at avatars a lot to recognize posters as well. The people like the mods that post quite a bit have personalized avatars so it makes them easy to recognize. Of course when they change them it takes a little time to start picking up on their new one, but it isn't bad.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

Why stop there? Why don't we just rename this site EarleFans.com?

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
All Earle! All the time!

(Well... as long as he continues to get his "insight" from the other message boards)
I'm perplexed as to why some of you even bother to come to this site anymore. :rolleyes:

If you don't value what you can get from the community here, take issue with some of the mods/admins, and have no intention of adding something positive to the site, please find a way to go out in a blaze of glory like those before you. The sloppily veiled insults, sarcasm and sense of entitlement are part of a passive-aggressive act that got old many, many months ago. Some of you used to add great value to this site with your humor, insights and observations. I miss that input and how it added to things and brightened so many of our days. The way you've responded to not liking how you've been moderated in the past reminds me of adolescents who've been sent to their room, curse the adults under your breath, yet still want to hang out and eavesdrop on the adult after-dinner conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.