Where did the AU term "Fambly" come from?

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I think its no coincidence that the mafia also pronounces it with a "b" as well. Its business after all. Its truly amazing how they can keep selling that and folks keep buying it...

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It's because you never go against "the fambly," meaning you never actually tell an NCAA investigator you got illegal benefits. If you do, I hear you wake up with a dead cow head in your bed.

You GOTTA be "all in" with "the fambly" or else you're heading to NCAA probation. Incidentally, the weight room at Auburn is also known as the Deposition Room.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I remember the term "Fambly" got really popular when Chizik was always talking about the "Fambly" atmosphere..Now is that when it was created as far being associated with The Barn..I have no idea..

Last edited:
I think a few visual aids and examples will clear it up for you:

Typical fambly emo guy:

One of the cousins running the fambly business:

Aunt Janie picking up a date:

Fambly wedding picture:

Grandma:

Grandpa:

Fambly members that actually have degrees:

Fambly vacation:

Fambly beauty queen:

Fambly spiritual adviser:

Typical fambly fiancee:

Brains of the fambly:

I know it's early but, POST OF THE YEAR!

Sent from my iPhone

fundytide

1st Team
Oct 22, 1999
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I seem to recall that Steinbeck spelled it that way when ma Joad spoke about the Joads in The Grapes of Wrath. And if you've read the book, the similarities between the Joads and the Auburn crowd are many.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I think the fambly thang is related to the "Mafia." No one in the "Mafia" is ever to talk to outsiders about the fambly business. Those in the fambly are all "in", which means all the secrets stay in the fambly. Of course, some of those who leave the fambly have to be paid off to keep quiet. I wonder if Bowden is still receiving money from the fambly.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
It could be because barners can't spell and thought FAMILY was spelled with the b instead of an I. Of course, they would not learn spelling until they were working on a PHD.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.