Any concerns about positions in 2014 class?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I really think he might be one of the spots that is actually taken without saying it. The staff clearly feels solid about the count they have. Then again, Elam may have been one of those as well. Fun, isn't it?
Yes it is. Recruiting has truly become the "second season", IMHO.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
BamaIntel is saying that Former UGA TE Ty Flournoy-Smith has a spot in this class if he wants it. He visited last weekend and will visit Louisville this weekend.
As we said last week, some things had to happen for Boston and Ty to get offers. OJ Smith and Chris WIlliams may be two of those things, and missing Elam was a 3rd. Unless the staff feels certain they have Evans AND Dupe, at least one gets an offer....

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Safety. Assume landon leaves, perry and ja Williams graduate, and we are really thin with only geno smith and jai miller. geno isnt the ideal size, and jai didnt get much work at all last year We play several packages with 4 safeties, so we could really use one more in this class for depth, especially if we loose the kid from ga.
Will respectfully disagree on this one, for a couple of reasons:

(1) We did sign Hootie, who should be a fine safety in time, and while he's not rangy like Clinton-Dix or Collins, I do think that Ronnie Clark can give us similar production at safety to what we have gotten the past year or two out of Nick Perry and Jarrick Williams.

(2) Ideally, fingers crossed and whatnot, we can finally get it together at cornerback such that we don't have to play with four safeties all the time, thus decreasing the need for depth at safety. If we can play the dime package with three or four cornerbacks -- and not with only two (like we did much of last season), which is almost unheard of -- then I think we should get by fine in 2015 with Miller, Geno, Hootie, Clark, and whoever we sign in the 2015 class.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
BET, I think a lot of us are hoping that Ronnie will eventually turn out to be an upgrade.

Will respectfully disagree on this one, for a couple of reasons:

(1) We did sign Hootie, who should be a fine safety in time, and while he's not rangy like Clinton-Dix or Collins, I do think that Ronnie Clark can give us similar production at safety to what we have gotten the past year or two out of Nick Perry and Jarrick Williams.

(2) Ideally, fingers crossed and whatnot, we can finally get it together at cornerback such that we don't have to play with four safeties all the time, thus decreasing the need for depth at safety. If we can play the dime package with three or four cornerbacks -- and not with only two (like we did much of last season), which is almost unheard of -- then I think we should get by fine in 2015 with Miller, Geno, Hootie, Clark, and whoever we sign in the 2015 class.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.