Is McCarron's agent tanking his pre-draft on purpose?

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
First McCarron skips the Senior Bowl. Now I read he will not throw at the combine. My first thought was, "Is his agent trying to tank his draft on purpose", then my second thought was "Is he tanking it so he won't wind up with a crappy team". After watching Brody Croyle's career come to a premature end behind the worst OL in football I wonder if his agent is trying to land him on a better team even if he makes less money. We all saw how much better Eddie Lacy ended up "slipping" into the second round to a good program.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
First McCarron skips the Senior Bowl. Now I read he will not throw at the combine. My first thought was, "Is his agent trying to tank his draft on purpose", then my second thought was "Is he tanking it so he won't wind up with a crappy team". After watching Brody Croyle's career come to a premature end behind the worst OL in football I wonder if his agent is trying to land him on a better team even if he makes less money. We all saw how much better Eddie Lacy ended up "slipping" into the second round to a good program.
He wasn't going 1st round and the 'crappy' teams start all over again in round 2.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I get skipping the senior bowl, I honestly don't see how it could have helped him, but this is ann odd choice. He could have been senior bowl MVP and he'd still be a game manager to those that think he's a game manager. Tom Brady won 3 Super Bowls and was still called a game manager until one season with randy moss.

This sort of lends credit to him possibly being injured in some way.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
When he decided to skip the Senior bowl I heard Andre Ware say that if he was AJ the only time he would throw would be at his pro day in Tuscaloosa. He said from a players point of view they have lots of film of him in game situations and at your pro day you are throwing to your own receivers not receivers that you just met 5 min ago. Timing is a big thing for a QB.

chattabama12

Scout Team
Oct 22, 2008
I doubt his agent is "tanking" for a better team. Those guys get paid off of commission and generally the higher a player is drafted the more they get paid.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I think he should throw at the combine. I don't think it would hurt his draft stock even if he doesn't throw well. He probably could improve by a round or so by having a good throwing day though.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That wasn't why Brody's NFL career ended. Also, he actually had a longer career than the average NFL player.

AJ not throwing at the combine shouldn't surprise many folks. Several QBs don't throw at the combine. They throw at their pro day with their WRs.

tidefan23

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2004
Hoover, AL
I dont think him supporting a college players' union is going to hurt his draft stock. Unless he is tweeting about smoking marijuana or using steroids or in some other way breaking the law, he should be fine.
Maybe and maybe not. He also tweeted about those gay weddings on TV as being demonic. Ok, I get it [the wrong term was used, however], but why tweet it? His mom's tweets? Everything adds up, and he was marginal to begin with. I've moved on...good luck to AJ but I don't follow the NFL.

BamaGal99

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2011
I thought his demonic tweet was in reference to Katy Perry's performance and others...guess I bought into the article that was written about it.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Maybe and maybe not. He also tweeted about those gay weddings on TV as being demonic. Ok, I get it [the wrong term was used, however], but why tweet it? His mom's tweets? Everything adds up, and he was marginal to begin with. I've moved on...good luck to AJ but I don't follow the NFL.
This could probably be discussed on the NS board. Sure many in the deep south feel like he does.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I don't think the "not having my wide receivers" excuse is valid. Cam Newton's completion percentage at the combine was abysmal. I remember it being a big topic of conversation and I remember experts saying the familarity with the receivers effects the numbers. It certianly didn't stop Newton from being picked #1 overall.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't think the "not having my wide receivers" excuse is valid. Cam Newton's completion percentage at the combine was abysmal. I remember it being a big topic of conversation and I remember experts saying the familarity with the receivers effects the numbers. It certianly didn't stop Newton from being picked #1 overall.
Cam has a few things AJ doesn't - mobility and build. If AJ could run like Cam and had Cam's body, the Houston Texans would be looking at him as the #1 pick. Not very comparable.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
He made that tweet LONG before the weddings took place.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.