The Future of Alabama Basketball and Anthony Grant

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I think yesterday proved that we need to be playing an uptempo style of play. I don't know who convinced CAG to take the reigns off of the boys and let them play, but we look like a very dangerous team going into the tournament.

The only issue is we don't get to play the SEC tournament in Coleman Coliseum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I think yesterday proved that we need to be playing an uptempo style of play. I don't know who convinced CAG to take the reigns off of the boys and let them play, but we look like a very dangerous team going into the tournament.

The only issue is we don't get to play the SEC tournament in Coleman Coliseum.

Maybe Mrs. Grant said, "Hey, I kind of like living in this house. Now get off that slow tempo stuff". :)

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Watched the Replay. I have to say that I didn't see a change in how we attack in the half-court offense, with the exception that people are actually shooting the open shot and we were making it. Most of our fastbreak points came off of really good defense and the secondary break. Looks the same to me except we executed.

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Watched the Replay. I have to say that I didn't see a change in how we attack in the half-court offense, with the exception that people are actually shooting the open shot and we were making it. Most of our fastbreak points came off of really good defense and the secondary break. Looks the same to me except we executed.
well that's kinda what it's all about. right?

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Don't know why you put that in blue when it's true...
No kidding. Scarb is probably trying to convince the PTB at Alabama to make sure they keep CAG (as if he has any influence at all) to make sure that we don't get a better coach than the cow college does should we decide to make a change. Although at this point I don't think we will unless we tank Thursday night.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
No kidding. Scarb is probably trying to convince the PTB at Alabama to make sure they keep CAG (as if he has any influence at all) to make sure that we don't get a better coach than the cow college does should we decide to make a change. Although at this point I don't think we will unless we tank Thursday night.
Idk..when's the last time we played two good games in a row?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
When will somebody speak about the future of Bama Basketball?

Will Grant get the dreaded "vote of confidence" from Battle or will anything at all be said???

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
When will somebody speak about the future of Bama Basketball?

Will Grant get the dreaded "vote of confidence" from Battle or will anything at all be said???
Coach Grant, barring something unforeseen, will be back next year. After that, I believe, will be determined by how he does next season. I don't have any inside information, just going by what this entire thread has written and re-written.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
If CAG is still here after tonight, I think we really need to look at the flow of our offense and form some sort of identity. I really believe we can become more of an inside-out offense if our big men do some work over the summer. On defense we really need to get back some intensity. We also need to develop some intelligence on both sides of the ball.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Coach Grant, barring something unforeseen, will be back next year. After that, I believe, will be determined by how he does next season. I don't have any inside information, just going by what this entire thread has written and re-written.
Yes, what I've gathered too.

I'm just finding it hard to be excited and optimistic that we'll suddenly turn the corner next year.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
If CAG is still here after tonight, I think we really need to look at the flow of our offense and form some sort of identity. I really believe we can become more of an inside-out offense if our big men do some work over the summer. On defense we really need to get back some intensity. We also need to develop some intelligence on both sides of the ball.

I really think some of our defensive intensity was lost at the beginning of the year when Releford was in constant foul trouble. That combined with the new foul rules we could not aggressively guard the ball, which will make it really tough for CAG teams going forward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.