The Future of Alabama Basketball and Anthony Grant

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I cleaned out the frig instead of watching. Found more growth in there than I've seen in Bama B-ball in a quite a while.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
The $2 million buyout is pretty huge, but is it worth saving a few bucks to suffer through another season like this one? I doubt they'll fire him before the season is over, but I think he'll be gone as soon as the season is over so we can start searching at the Final Four.

A possible 22 loss season is looming, with a possibility of going 0-3 to the barn.
I

I know the barn beat us badly at their place, but they are as awful as we are. If we lose to them on our home floor I am not sure Grant will last to much longer past that game.

rolltideface

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2001
hoover, alabama
you see- i keep getting different numbers. I thought it was 4 million if he made it through the year first. If its only 2 then i think that its a done deal. 5 million will cause some pause but shouldn't make us keep a coach that simply can't do the job.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
you see- i keep getting different numbers. I thought it was 4 million if he made it through the year first. If its only 2 then i think that its a done deal. 5 million will cause some pause but shouldn't make us keep a coach that simply can't do the job.
Sorry, I saw $2 million when someone was mentioning his yearly salary and I somehow read that as his buyout. From what I've read on here, his buyout s $5 million.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Its pretty obvious that he is coaching his contract more than the team right now...

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I just finished watching tonights game on the DVR and CAG needs to be sent packing now. He has quit on this team. They players played hard and it is a shame to see the way CAG acted on the bench. He might as well have had a beer and bucket of popcorn in his lap. A deaf, mute, blind midget would be an improvement.... I feel sorry to the kids who were dumb enough to committ to BAMA while CAG is still the coach.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
Grant threw the players under the bus in his post game interview. I would like to hear him take blame for once.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Grant threw the players under the bus in his post game interview. I would like to hear him take blame for once.
This seems to be a common deal for Grant. I too would like to see him say "I screwed up" as well but it seems he thinks he hasn't done anything wrong at Bama. I'm officially off the Grant train and have been for a few weeks (probably around the time we lost to the barn yet again for them to break their losing streak) and I'll admit I was one of the first ones here saying it should be him and that he was a top notch, home run hire for us. Boy did I blow this call!!

Where do we go from here I don't know. As slimy as Bruce Pearl was I'd probably take him at this point, at least he brought ENERGY into his program that was in the dumps and even did well at Wisconsin-Milwaukee. I think his past would hurt him here, but crap I'd like to the NZAA morons too at this point with the way they act.

We have proved we will pay good money for a coach so there WILL BE good names interested. But what Battle does is anyone's guess.

I wished I could say I hope Grant would prove me dead wrong with me thinking he has lost this team and will never recover. The longer we keep him the longer we will suffer, period.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
What's really sad is that A@M is a pretty awful basketball team, and we made them look like Kentucky.
It's the worst I've seen since Hobb's final season. We're just flat out pathetic. Never ever thought I'd say that about a Bama basketball team.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I

I know the barn beat us badly at their place, but they are as awful as we are. If we lose to them on our home floor I am not sure Grant will last to much longer past that game.
I generally disapprove of mid-season coaching changes, but it's obvious Grant has already quit. If he's so anxious to hit the road, no need in trying to change his mind. Let him be on his way.

Last edited:

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
There is only 4 or 5 games left. Not really Mid-season.

I generally disapprove of mid-season coaching changes, but it's obvious Grant has already quit. If he's so anxious to hit the road, no need in trying to change his mind. Let him be on his way.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I just don't see how this can get any better next year. If Jacobs leaves, we'll be playing with all perimeter players, and we'll have to give minutes to walkons at some point.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
No need to make a move at this point. We only have a few games left and what is the worst we could do? Lose out! We've already been blown out by Auburn and I am not sure we can beat them right now. I actually forgot we had our game last night until it was over. That tells you how bad it has gotten. I am a diehard fan and almost never miss a game either in person or on the tube. I used to listen on the radio when it wasn't on TV. Now I am pretty much ambivalent.

Alabama is hungry for a successful basketball program. If we can get a good coach and develop a winning attitude, we can be a very good team year in year out. The students will show up in droves if we can just start winning consistently. As it is, I am sorry I bought season tickets again this year. I've given my tickets away 4 or 5 times this year, and I haven't done that ever.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
. As slimy as Bruce Pearl was I'd probably take him at this point, at least he brought ENERGY into his program that was in the dumps and even did well at Wisconsin-Milwaukee. I think his past would hurt him here, but crap I'd like to the NZAA morons too at this point with the way they act.
Alot say it'll never happen. Don't think he can ever be hired until maybe next year.

However, I remember him at Milw. Wisc. and envied having him then. Then when he went to UT and turned their men's program into a big draw and something exciting (in the shadows of UT women's b-ball, which isn't Bama football, but not too far off in comparison) I was even more envious and wished we had him!

I loved what he did there, despite the NCAA problems. Maybe if we could just hook a lie detector up to him and make him wear it all the time we could hire him and let him breath life back into our program!!!

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I agree in this case. It actually might tell team that they can be confident better things are on the way!!!

Even more, it might remind us wavering B-ball fans that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Alot say it'll never happen. Don't think he can ever be hired until maybe next year.

However, I remember him at Milw. Wisc. and envied having him then. Then when he went to UT and turned their men's program into a big draw and something exciting (in the shadows of UT women's b-ball, which isn't Bama football, but not too far off in comparison) I was even more envious and wished we had him!

I loved what he did there, despite the NCAA problems. Maybe if we could just hook a lie detector up to him and make him wear it all the time we could hire him and let him breath life back into our program!!!
I think the date is August 14, 2014, but I don't think UA would ever hire him, based on his NCAA history. BTW, I see you didn't answer when I asked you if Bruce were the one who told you about Doss... :D

BigA

Scout Team
Dec 21, 2013
Trussville, Al
No need to make a move at this point. We only have a few games left and what is the worst we could do? Lose out! We've already been blown out by Auburn and I am not sure we can beat them right now. I actually forgot we had our game last night until it was over. That tells you how bad it has gotten. I am a diehard fan and almost never miss a game either in person or on the tube. I used to listen on the radio when it wasn't on TV. Now I am pretty much ambivalent.

Alabama is hungry for a successful basketball program. If we can get a good coach and develop a winning attitude, we can be a very good team year in year out. The students will show up in droves if we can just start winning consistently. As it is, I am sorry I bought season tickets again this year. I've given my tickets away 4 or 5 times this year, and I haven't done that ever.
I am there with you. I actually gave my Auburn tickets away last night because I cant stomach to sit through that. What's bad is nobody wants to go even if offered the free tickets.

Im looking as forward to going to the Mizzou game as I do with Colonoscopy prep!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.