Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    December 19, 2014: A Day of Recruiting Texas A&M Wants to Forget

    First, 5* OLB Malik Jefferson and 4* ATH DeAndre McNeal announce their commitments to Texas when TAMU was the expected leader.


    The day got worse when 5* NT Daylon Mack announced he was decommitting from TAMU and would announce his favorites tomorrow. Take a look at the recent Crystal Ball predictions for Mack:



    Instead of gaining two top players, TAMU watches its hated rival get two 5*s and a 4*.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  2. Advertisement
  3. #2
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,014

    Re: December 19, 2014: A Day of Recruiting Texas A&M Wants to Forget

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    First, 5* OLB Malik Jefferson and 4* ATH DeAndre McNeal announce their commitments to Texas when TAMU was the expected leader.


    The day got worse when 5* NT Daylon Mack announced he was decommitting from TAMU and would announce his favorites tomorrow. Take a look at the recent Crystal Ball predictions for Mack:



    Instead of gaining two top players, TAMU watches its hated rival get two 5*s and a 4*.
    Whoa, that`s pretty rough! If that happened to us, our followers of the recruiting forum would be doing some serious damage at Happy Hour!

  4. #3
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    3,860

    Re: December 19, 2014: A Day of Recruiting Texas A&M Wants to Forget

    good for Texas and Strong. they need to be competitive again, this is a good start. with all the momentum swinging towards TAMU way, they needed some good news on the recruiting front. but this is especially good news for the SEC and the SEC West in particular. we do not want TAMU to be too good, its bad right now as it is in this cutthroat division.

    this latest news should bring TAMU nation down to reality for the time being. due to recent success after joining the SEC, their fan base had some delusions of grandeur in thinking they were going to continue to own the state of Texas. the boosters and the longhorn alumni were not going to sit by and let the aggies dominate them on the recruiting front in the Lone Star for too long.
    Last edited by sanjosecrimson; December 19th, 2014 at 02:46 PM.

  5. #4
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,108

    Re: December 19, 2014: A Day of Recruiting Texas A&M Wants to Forget

    Probably because aTm doesn't have a DC at the moment..

  6. #5
    BamaNation All-SEC skipster63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Coppell, Texas
    Posts
    1,788

    Re: December 19, 2014: A Day of Recruiting Texas A&M Wants to Forget

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Probably because aTm doesn't have a DC at the moment..
    Among other positions as well. Missing like three or four coaches.

  7. #6
    BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fairhope, Alabama
    Posts
    2,434

    Re: December 19, 2014: A Day of Recruiting Texas A&M Wants to Forget

    Defensive players will certainly develop better under Strong than Sumlin.
    "With no power, comes no responsibility"

  8. #7
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Won't know till I call the union hall
    Posts
    5,800

    Re: December 19, 2014: A Day of Recruiting Texas A&M Wants to Forget

    Strong has always been a good recruiter.

  9. #8
    BamaNation All-SEC TrueCrimson7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,638

    Re: December 19, 2014: A Day of Recruiting Texas A&M Wants to Forget

    Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    good for Texas and Strong. they need to be competitive again, this is a good start. with all the momentum swinging towards TAMU way, they needed some good news on the recruiting front. but this is especially good news for the SEC and the SEC West in particular. we do not want TAMU to be too good, its bad right now as it is in this cutthroat division.

    this latest news should bring TAMU nation down to reality for the time being. due to recent success after joining the SEC, their fan base had some delusions of grandeur in thinking they were going to continue to own the state of Texas. the boosters and the longhorn alumni were not going to sit by and let the aggies dominate them on the recruiting front in the Lone Star for too long.
    Point taken. I agree that it's nice that the players are not going to be in the SEC West, but as far as Bama goes with CNS our scope is not limited to our division. We have to think about all teams every year with NC aspirations. It would have been a little more comforting if these players didn't all go to the same school.

  10. #9
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    6,787

    Re: December 19, 2014: A Day of Recruiting Texas A&M Wants to Forget

    This is the kind of news Texas needed to hear cause they had been getting beat in several in-state battles. Now, it remains to be seen if they can translate this to the field because honestly talent as never been their problem.

    Also, it may mean Texas is making their move to make their case to finally get admitted to the SEC when we got to 16 teams. Of course, they'll logically enter as an east team while some team like NC State will come in as a west team.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •