My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

2016 Prospect DE/TE Prince Tega (Edgewood Academy)

Story about the Nigerian foreign exchange student here

The state of Alabama produces a tremendous number of high school football prospects each year. Presumably, everyone of them know who the coach is at the University of Alabama.

In the case of Edgewood Academy (Elmore, Ala.) 2016 defensive end Prince Tega, however, Nick Saban may as well have been someone from another planet when he arrived in August from Nigeria as a foreign exchange student. Tega had no ambitions to play football, and frankly, was not clear on what to do with a football.

"When Prince showed up at one of our summer workouts, we were running the 40-yard dash and he wanted to give it a try," said Edgewood Academy coach Bobby Carr. "We did not have size 17 cleats that could fit him so he ran it in his Jordan high tops and we timed him at a 4.61. His form was awful and he had no idea how to get in a three-point stance. We had this 6-foot-8, 245-pound kid who could run like a deer, but he literally had no idea about the sport of football."

Tega decided to relocate to the states after participating in several basketball camps, leading to his arrival in the tiny town of Elmore (just outside of Wetumpka for those versed in Alabama geography) to further his development in that sport and to pursue an American education. After hearing the buzz around the Edgewood Academy football program - which has won five straight AISA 2-A state titles and possesses the nation's longest winning streak at 58 games - Tega decided to give the sport of football a go.
    Here's his film mentioned in the story
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: 2016 Prospect DE/TE Prince Tega (Edgewood Academy)

247Sports released their Top247 players for 2016. Prince debuted at #38.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

He has a BIG upside.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

BamaNation First Team TrueCrimson7's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    He has a BIG upside.
    Lots of raw ability and talent. The GPA is great, and he seems to have strong motivation to improve. I agree, he has a big upside. Hope to see him have great success (hopefully in Tuscaloosa).

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TrueCrimson7 View Post
    Lots of raw ability and talent. The GPA is great, and he seems to have strong motivation to improve. I agree, he has a big upside. Hope to see him have great success (hopefully in Tuscaloosa).
    Yep...

I'm sure Saban wants to see him against stronger competition.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

He knows all about recruiting, after all he goes to Edgewood

Sorry, just had to throw that in there. A kid with that kind of size and speed can be nasty.