Link: AU Fans' Favorite Troll Job About to Go Away: Auburn May Recognize More Championships

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Re: AU Fans' Favorite Troll Job About to Go Away: Auburn May Recognize More Champ...

Every time I think, 'that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard from a barner', they say something else. I have finally learned not to argue, just listen and laugh.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Why does it shock me that Auburn keeps finding more ways to look stupid. You'd think I would just expect it by now.
It's like in pro wrassling. Why do we still laugh out loud when the whole company winds up flailing away at each other in the ring? You're just waiting for it - you know it's coming, yet you stay glued to the TV.

Auburn is the car crash that defies all logic.

bamakeeb

3rd Team
May 2, 2011
They are listed as poll champions in those years, whatever that means. However, they are only listed twice as national champions on NCAA.com. I think two of the ones that we claim aren't listed on their website. Those should be removed.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think they want to do this because it may help their recruiting. I still think they will just be the barn.
If somebody actually thinks that declaring a team over a hundred years old as national champions is going to affect recruiting, they are dumber than dirt. I'm still wondering why they cried so loud back in 1983 - apparently, they won a championship.

CDsdad

Scout Team
Nov 20, 2007
Wayne County, MS
10 years from now they'll claim they won this year's Superbowl. They're probably out trying to find players from the 1903 and 1913 teams right now so they can give them a ring.

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
For Jacobs, the teams with the strongest cases are 1913, 1983 and 1993. He was a starting offensive linemen for the 1983 team, that finished 11-1 including a Sugar Bowl win over Michigan.

Those three teams are listed in the NCAA record book as champions. It’s hard to dispute the NCAA record book,” Jacobs said. “The former players that have been on those teams, they all support it as I do from playing in ’83.”
The NCAA record book recognizes NO champions of major college football (FBS, D1).

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
You know what is the most mind-boggling thing? Jacobs played on the 1983 Auburn team that didn't win the AP or UPI titles. Does he have a national championship ring from that year?

And if not - how did he suddenly decide 31 years later to say they DID win a title that year?

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
You know what is the most mind-boggling thing? Jacobs played on the 1983 Auburn team that didn't win the AP or UPI titles. Does he have a national championship ring from that year?

And if not - how did he suddenly decide 31 years later to say they DID win a title that year?
That just makes it that much better. They may have to go to go get themselves some rings made!

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
AU Fans' Favorite Troll Job About to Go Away: Auburn May Recognize More Champ...

If they want to claim championships from 1913 then fine. It shows their winning tradition of winning NCs every 50 years or so. Let that last line sink in. But, for 1983, why wouldnt Miami have a problem with it? They were "declared" NCs that year. AU is trying to claim something that belongs to the U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Re: AU Fans' Favorite Troll Job About to Go Away: Auburn May Recognize More Champ...

If they want to claim championships from 1913 then fine. It shows their winning tradition of winning NCs every 50 years or so. Let that last line sink in. But, for 1983, why wouldnt Miami have a problem with it? They were "declared" NCs that year. AU is trying to claim something that belongs to the U.

And why have they spent the last three decades whining about being robbed if they actually won something?

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

They'll find something to troll, it comes natural to them due to their inferiority.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

Yeah. I'm trying to find a Miami board to see how they feel about that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.