Possible Changes to UT's Horrible Orange Color - They Agree with Nike on Apparel Deal

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Maybe they'll mix in more black in their color scheme.

I think when UT does that it actually pops...one of the few teams who can add black and look decent (after all, more black = less orange too).

CrimsonPride25

1st Team
Jul 25, 2012
Mobile, Al
Man, Adidas is in trouble on the college football front it seems. They lost Notre Dumb and UT this year. That leaves UCLA, Mississippi State, Wisconsin, TX AM as their only "major" teams left.

Not that it matters to them I'm sure. They pretty much OWN soccer endorsements around the world.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Man, Adidas is in trouble on the college football front it seems. They lost Notre Dumb and UT this year. That leaves UCLA, Mississippi State, Wisconsin, TX AM as their only "major" teams left.

Not that it matters to them I'm sure. They pretty much OWN soccer endorsements around the world.

I can't believe they have stayed around so long in college football. I figure with the popularity of Nike and Under Armour that this would have happened a while ago.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
UT Coach obviously doesn't like the orange which is why he approved the bee hive home unis last season. Can;t say I blame him -- orange just isn't in my color palate.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
Maybe they'll mix in more black in their color scheme.

I think when UT does that it actually pops...one of the few teams who can add black and look decent (after all, more black = less orange too).

Sounds a lot like the pokes from Okie. Always been a tough shade to settle on. This radioactive orange sherbet is unforgiving enough when you are looking beyond your khaki's in the closet. The viles have a particularly retina burning, eye watering shade that seems to give off a contrasting glare on the cloudiest day or darkest night. Little wonder most visiting fans are annoyed and ticked off even after a win.

Please let me know when we start talking about doughnut boy?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

There's a reason for that. Adidas is a German company, so they have been on the ground floor for a long time. They are the largest sportswear manufacturer in Europe and second only to Nike, world-wide. They own Rockport, Reebok, Ashworth, Taylor-made and a bunch of others. They were formed when Adolph Dassler split from his brother, Rudolph, in 1949. "Adidas" comes from Dassler's nickname, "Adi" and the first three letters of his last name. His brother founded Puma at the same time and that company hasn't done badly, just not on the scale of Adidas...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.