***Official Alabama LOI's Received Thread*** (ALL RECEIVED)

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
Re: ***Official Alabama LOI's Received Thread*** (will open NSD)

Now that they have put names in the 3rd row I see that there are 28 slots. So who are those extra slots for?

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008

Don't assume just because there are 28 slots they will all be used.. its just a grid that is uniform. Doubtful all 28 will have a name.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Frazier just signed his LOI according to his mom on twitter.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008

OK.. someone more informed than me please answer. If Coker has not signed how can we post him on the board as a formal member without the signature? Is there some kind of exception to discussing recruit's names on signing day even though they are not officially signed? Maybe its because he is a transfer.. Just asking...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

No. He'll count on the 85. Coker is not a signee and wont be signing a LOI, but they could consider him a part of the class though.
UA is saying they'll "count" him towards the class. What exactly does "count" mean?

OK.. someone more informed than me please answer. If Coker has not signed how can we post him on the board as a formal member without the signature? Is there some kind of exception to discussing recruit's names on signing day even though they are not officially signed? Maybe its because he is a transfer.. Just asking...
Saban said two weeks ago he signed with Alabama. He may have just signed a scholarship and not a NLI.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

No. He'll count on the 85. Coker is not a signee and wont be signing a LOI, but they could consider him a part of the class though.
TIDE-TV (UA) just said that Coker counts for this years class. He did not sign an LOI, but did accept a scholarship.

RTR_UA#1

All-SEC
Jun 16, 2008
Meridian, MS

Maybe the transfer part is just as a student..... BUT, when does the scholarship part kick in?

(OK, I see, Just saw above posts. Thanks guys)

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

TIDE-TV (UA) just said that Coker counts for this years class. He did not sign an LOI, but did accept a scholarship.
A transfer is not considered a part of the signing class, he will count on the 85 scholarship limit though. As Boston said above, it's just part of the show. More than likely they are letting Coker have "his day". Technically since he will be on scholly, it means he is a part of the class even though he isn't. Not sure why everyone is worrying over this.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

A transfer is not considered a part of the signing class, he will count on the 85 scholarship limit though. As Boston said above, it's just part of the show. More than likely they are letting Coker have "his day". Technically since he will be on scholly, it means he is a part of the class even though he isn't. Not sure why everyone is worrying over this.
No worries....see my above post. I'm just enjoying the day. RTR!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

No need to worry about Marlon flipping or anything...

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

Elisha Shaw commitments to Bama

MS TN NC Tidefan

3rd Team
Jan 2, 2003
Huntersville, NC, USA

So the outstanding expected LOIs:
Bo Scarbrough
Christian Miller
Marlon Humphrey
Ronnie Clark
Dominick Jackson

Are any of these in doubt?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.