***Official Alabama LOI's Received Thread*** (ALL RECEIVED)

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: ***Official Alabama LOI's Received Thread*** (will open NSD)

Feel good story with Elisha Shaw. I hate what happened to him, but hopefully he can make the best of it and take full advantage of the educational opportunities before him now.

And as for OJ Smith, that one went down to the wire. The staff really wanted him all along, and when Chris Williams went to UCF I think that did just enough, combined with the other moves, to open up space.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

Marlon tweeted a picture of his LOI and his pen. :) Very nice artwork on the front--I did not realize we made them fancy! :tongue:

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

Feel good story with Elisha Shaw. I hate what happened to him, but hopefully he can make the best of it and take full advantage of the educational opportunities before him now.
Recruiting story of the day - RTR! Don't care about the circumstances, this is great for all involved and a masterful rebuttal to all the crass and classless grayshirt slander against Saban.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

sorry, had a meeting (don't these people know it's NSD!!!!)

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I wonder if Christian Miller and Ronnie Clark(both LB's) are waiting to hear the Evans decision before sending in their LOI's?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

@TimWatts_BOL A source close to Elisha Shaw told me a few weeks ago only Nick Saban and Tide staff stood by Shaw after injury.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

I missed the details on Shaw. Neck injury, right? What happened to him? TIA.
Injured his neck in fall camp this past year. Went to make a tackle, came in with his head too low, and you can figure out the rest. He was initially diagnosed with a fracture (i.e. broken neck), but later tests determined that not to be the case. He wore a neck brace for a couple of months, IIRC, and he didn't get to play at all in 2014.

FWIW, he's feeling better now, and I think he's basically able to go about a normal life at this point, but the obvious concern is re-injury. You can't just play through neck injuries like you can with, say, a shoulder or an ankle. You go out and try to play through a serious neck injury that doctors feel is highly susceptible to re-injury, you're risking paralysis.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Still worried about Scarborough to Ole Miss possibly
And again, wont happen.

I wonder if Christian Miller and Ronnie Clark(both LB's) are waiting to hear the Evans decision before sending in their LOI's?
Seriously doubt it. Why would Clark be worried about LB when he has said numerous times he will start out at Safety? Evans would be on the field with Miller, so why would Miller be worried about Evans?

FAN4EVR

1st Team
Nov 22, 2006
Calera, Al

Ronnie is signing with Bama regardless. They are having a ceremony at the school for all the guys signing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.