***Official Alabama LOI's Received Thread*** (ALL RECEIVED)

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Re: ***Official Alabama LOI's Received Thread*** (will open NSD)

STILL:

A pub is short for public house. It is a place where drinks are sold to be consumed on the premises.
A Tavern is a place where alcohol is served with food, but it does not have rooms for guests (as in an inn).
A Bar is pretty much synonymous with pub, however it refers to a long bar at which stools are arranged for sitting.

A pub, bar and saloon are pretty much the same thing. The only thing that differentiates them is the decor. All bars are pubs, not all pubs are bars. All saloons are pubs, not all pubs are saloons.

Just saying.

In today's lexicon, you do not have a Sports Bar without some food, usually more than just appetizers but not a full-blown restaurant menu.

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL

Congrats Bobby! Glad to have your son on board to continue your legacy and create his own.

RTR_UA#1

All-SEC
Jun 16, 2008
Meridian, MS

In today's lexicon, you do not have a Sports Bar without some food, usually more than just appetizers but not a full-blown restaurant menu.
I agree.... just commenting that the word has a somewhat "negative" connotation.
But.... all that said.... Evans is IN!!!
ROLL TIDE!!!

WISHBONE67

Scout Team
Dec 7, 2000
Cleveland, GA

Question on Keith Holcombe. With him being a Bryant legacy, they've had a Bryant Scholarship for kids of former BAMA players who played under Bryant. Would he not qualify for it (They make no distinction if it's athletic or not). Seems to me his number would not count towards our overall count. Anyone ?????? RTR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Saban has a press conference later, right? I can't wait to hear what he says.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Question on Keith Holcombe. With him being a Bryant legacy, they've had a Bryant Scholarship for kids of former BAMA players who played under Bryant. Would he not qualify for it (They make no distinction if it's athletic or not). Seems to me his number would not count towards our overall count. Anyone ?????? RTR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think he can't play for two years or he will count on the 85 if on the Bryant Scholarship.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

2 more because of Pettway and Coker. I think.

10Bama54

1st Team
Sep 16, 2006

Has Christian Miller's LOI come in?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.