***Official Alabama LOI's Received Thread*** (ALL RECEIVED)

tidefaninvr

3rd Team
Sep 15, 2007
Pos Name Ht/Wt State
LB Shaun Hamilton (6-0/240) AL
LB Keith Holcombe (6-3/210) AL
OL Josh Casher (6-1/297) AL
CB Marlon Humphrey (6-0, 175 AL
ATH Ronnie Clark (6-3/210) AL
DT Josh Frazier (6-3/334) AR
OL DominickJackson (6-7/305) CA
K JK Scott (6-5/185) CO
OL Montel McBride (6-4/330) FL
ATH Bo Scarbrough (6-2/225) FL
DT Johnny Dwight (6-2/303) GA
TE Ty Flournoy-Smith (6-3, 230) GA
OL Ross Pierschbacher (6-4/290) IA
OL Cameron Robinson (6-5/330) LA
WR Cameron Sims (6-3/199) LA
DB Laurence Hootie Jones (6-2/210) LA
DT O.J. Smith (6-3/320) LA
OL J.C. Hassenauer (6-3/292) MN
DT Jarran Reed (6-4, 305 MS
DE D.J. Pettway (6-3, 250 MS
WR Derek Kief (6-5/197) OH
QB David Cornwell (6-5/240) OK
LB Christian Miller (6-4/222) SC
CB Tony Brown (6-0, 190) TX
DE Da'Shawn Hand (6-4/254) VA

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
If you even have to ask, you don't have kids.
If my son had gone to the Barn, finances would have had to come from elsewhere!

If he had been good enough to play for the Barn, I would still have pulled for Bama. It's in my Crimson Blood.

However, he was an Aggie instead. So, I don't get invited over when Bama plays A & M to see it on a BIG screen. He told me that I would not be invited.
I told him I would not have come even if he had invited me.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Tom Rinaldi said every 5* recruit Nick Saban has signed at Alabama has been drafted in the first round when they leave Alabama.

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008
Tom Rinaldi said every 5* recruit Nick Saban has signed at Alabama has been drafted in the first round when they leave Alabama.
We know that is incorrect. Tyler Love and Burton Scott from the 2008 Class were 5 stars that didn't pan out. Guess it depends on which recruiting service he was looking at.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Maybe ESPN rankings. Was ESPN rankings even around in 2008?

Edit: Yep they were around and yep they had Burton Scott as a 5*
I don't show Burton as an ESPN 5 Star

Here are the only ones I saw that had a star rating of 5.

Julio
Dre
Trent
Kouangjio

FYI- Foster & Evans were 4 * But we do have 5 5* on this years class so it will be interesting to see..

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I don't show Burton as an ESPN 5 Star

Here are the only ones I saw that had a star rating of 5.

Julio
Dre
Trent
Kouangjio

FYI- Foster & Evans were 4 * But we do have 5 5* on this years class so it will be interesting to see..
You're right. I glanced down and saw Burton's name and automatically thought he was apart of the 5*'s. My bad.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
when is evans expected to forward his LOI? i remember his family was going out to lunch, and then forward the LOI. i still worry about this one.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
when is evans expected to forward his LOI? i remember his family was going out to lunch, and then forward the LOI. i still worry about this one.
His fax has been in for over 2 hours now. Thus, the title of this thread reads "ALL RECEIVED," and the thread on Rashaan says "Signed with Alabama."

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
What will HIS parents be wearing to Bama vs Barn games? Will they have an AU on their car?

Looks like this is a new house divided type of thing.
If you even have to ask, you don't have kids.
If my son had gone to the Barn, finances would have had to come from elsewhere!

If he had been good enough to play for the Barn, I would still have pulled for Bama. It's in my Crimson Blood.

However, he was an Aggie instead. So, I don't get invited over when Bama plays A & M to see it on a BIG screen. He told me that I would not be invited.
I told him I would not have come even if he had invited me.
Harsh! Dang!! I'm sure his parents will support him and the school he plays for! His dad didn't finish at AU and to my knowledge, his mom didn't play football.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Actually I think his dad came back after football and got his degree from the barn.

And yea if you have to ask who the parents root for, you don't have kids......lol

tidefaninvr

3rd Team
Sep 15, 2007
Now that they are signed..whats the next step for the coaches? Can they start advising on diet and workouts? I know some need work on academics, but from a purely football POV, whats next?

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
i know this is EXTREMELY early, but i wanted to say that i can't wait to read the crown jewel countdown this year! i'm sure it's going to be pretty difficult to rank the players in this class, but it's a great problem to have! :biggrin2:

Crimson_Knight

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2006
Re: ***Official Alabama LOI's Received Thread*** (will open NSD)

Unreal people. I do not have the words. Thank you to Coach and all involved in the last 7 years.

Would like to put a spotlight on Bo Scarbrough. Has anyone ever given a verbal commitment for longer than this guy. Everyone went after him and he stayed true. Love it.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

Wow! Now that this is over with, and the uncertainty and nervousness that accompanied this process, we can look forward to Spring and eventually the A-Day game.
Many things to watch and and evaluate. Then the long period to Fall Practice and then Kickoff against WV. The time between the Sugar Bowl and NSD seemed interminable. The time between now and Spring Drills will seem to be agonizingly unbearable. And then to Fall will take forever, while the anticipation builds to see what CNS, CKS and CLK will unleash on Bama's 2014 opponents. With the talent that Bama has amassed over the last 4 years, if Bama doesn't go undefeated this year, I will be...well, I just don't know.
Roll Tide!

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL

Nice job by everyone involved. I firmly believed 2 losses really lit a fire under this staff. (As if they needed it) :biggrin2: RTR!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.