Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    My Mood
    Doh on TideFans.com

WR Ryan Davis Signs With Auburn

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...ng_late_b.html

Alabama is interested in him. Game tape is pretty good. HE can run, I think he's a good fit for Alabama..
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: WR Ryan Davis

I posted about him in the Hill thread,he is scheduled to visit this coming weekend and Kiffen is very high on him.He looks like he could step in and help with our return game immediately with his quickness.

My Mood
    Doh on TideFans.com

It tells me that he could get playing time with Bama.... but It's real interesting... The thing is, I"mnot sure if he can handle SEC life with his body size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindside13 View Post
    I posted about him in the Hill thread,he is scheduled to visit this coming weekend and Kiffen is very high on him.He looks like he could step in and help with our return game immediately with his quickness.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Can he play corner?
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Can he play corner?
    At 5' 9" 167 lbs, I would think that it is very doubtful.
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar

He's 5'10 (with cleats), and runs a 4.75 40, plays QB in HS, and yet projects to play either WR or DB (yes, he is projected to have ability to play DB) at the college level.

I think this falls in to the trap that a few other of the "athletes" we have recruited get us in to, and I would prefer someone who had a true "position". Just my 2 cents.

My Mood
    Doh on TideFans.com

I agree on this one. I'm thinking maybe he can be a small speedy Receiver who can be elusive.... and may have a maze duty, returning the kicks. He can make his career off that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0424 View Post
    He's 5'10 (with cleats), and runs a 4.75 40, plays QB in HS, and yet projects to play either WR or DB (yes, he is projected to have ability to play DB) at the college level.

I think this falls in to the trap that a few other of the "athletes" we have recruited get us in to, and I would prefer someone who had a true "position". Just my 2 cents.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...ng_late_b.html

Alabama is interested in him. Game tape is pretty good. HE can run, I think he's a good fit for Alabama..

But can he block and catch?

BamaNation All-American

A wr with 4.75 "speed"?

Isn't that a bit on the slow side?

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    A wr with 4.75 "speed"?

Isn't that a bit on the slow side?
    Something sure seems off the beam here. "Blazing speed " and "elusive" comments and not so great measurable (?).

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Something sure seems off the beam here. "Blazing speed " and "elusive" comments and not so great measurable (?).
    His "elusiveness" is off the charts. He is very hard to get hands on in the open field, but doesn't have very good top end speed. As a WR he would have to learn and be a guy who ran GREAT routes to get separation, because he doesn't have the speed to leave most db's behind.

There is also the off chance his 40 numbers could be off due to technique, and he is faster than he has been clocked.

BamaNation All-American

True 'Dat!

My Mood
    Doh on TideFans.com

He reminds me of Drake. I'm pretty sure he can contribute almost right away this year if signed, but I would think he needs redshirt year to learn proper route, blocking and learning to do small things. Based on the filim, he didnt do much but just pretty much ran and made team look bad. I wish there was more tapes of him playing receiver spot, so we can see how good he is.. DB too. he may be a tweener, meaning coach would probably move him around a lot the first two years... kinda like Blake Sims.
    His "elusiveness" is off the charts. He is very hard to get hands on in the open field, but doesn't have very good top end speed. As a WR he would have to learn and be a guy who ran GREAT routes to get separation, because he doesn't have the speed to leave most db's behind.

There is also the off chance his 40 numbers could be off due to technique, and he is faster than he has been clocked.