*** WR Daylon Charlot Signs With Alabama *** (Update: Page 6)

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
Re: 2015 WR Daylon Charlot DeCommits from Alabama

Kid obviously knows which program is on the way up!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: *** 2015 WR Daylon Charlot Commits to Alabama ***

I'm sure Saban loved this. Charlot tells Miles he's going to decommit from Alabama before he actually does it? Link for story

Patterson wide receiver Daylon Charlot took his official visit to LSU this weekend and left an uncommitted prospect. The 6-0, 180-pound Alabama commitment has been heavily courted by the Tigers since the summer and after his visit this weekend, Charlot decided to open his recruitment up.

"I told Coach (Les) Miles that I was decommitting from Alabama when we sat to talk today," an excited Charlot said. "He was excited, very excited. He said they need me really bad. "I got home late so I plan on calling Coach (Billy) Napier at Alabama in the morning to let him know. I think they may even be coming by on Monday, really."
He says he's waiting until NSD to announce.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Might not be a good idea on his part... Saban don't wait on folks... He might be asked to grayshirt.... if he waits this long.
I'm sure Saban loved this. Charlot tells Miles he's going to decommit from Alabama before he actually does it? Link for story

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I doubt Saban waits on him...........:cool2:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Can't say this one comes as any real surprise, given the developments in recent months. My instinct here is that this is just one of those cases where, as a decision day looms, a prospect grows wary of actually leaving the state.

We'll see, but I would assume this one is over. Tend to imagine Alabama moves on elsewhere and utilizes this scholarship on another player.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

I don't think he had a LSU offer until we offered. The only thing about this is it's a little late in the process. At least it opens a spot for someone else. Do what your heart tells you Daylon.
Roll Tide!

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

We'll win with you, we will win without you. Good luck to you Daylon except when you play the Tide, of course.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

WR is arguably the deepest position we have, and as much as a talent as he is, it doesn't REALLY hurt us.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

There is actually info coming out that Charlot is in fact still committed to Alabama after talking to Coach Napier on Monday. The feeling out there is that the last school to talk him will get his signature on NSD..but he is technically still committed

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

When they're wishy-washy like this, and as signing day closes in, its really hard to pull an out of state kid, especially when the in-state program is strong.

I have no facts on Charlot, but here's what I'm thinking: He's 17 or 18. His head says Alabama, but his heart has always been with LSU. Plus, he'll start thinking how much grief he'll catch if he goes not just out of state, but to the hated Alabama.

Some kids -- Eddie Lacy, Cam Robinson, and most memorably, Landon Collins (bucking the home state AND mom) -- have the strength of will to carry it off. Some don't. Young Mr. Charlot would appear to fall into the latter group.

Look, if Saban wants him, I want him. I just think he's confused, has a dozen people in his head, and doesn't know what he wants. In cases like that, human nature is to retreat to the familiar. In this case, that's LSU.

Saban also knows that, and I'm sure has contingency plans on top of contingency plans. We're fine either way.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

There is actually info coming out that Charlot is in fact still committed to Alabama after talking to Coach Napier on Monday. The feeling out there is that the last school to talk him will get his signature on NSD..but he is technically still committed
Thanks for the heads-up ... was wondering about this when I kept looking for an official confirmation that he actually de-committed. He's a gifted athlete and will be successful for whoever he plays for. Would encourage him to pray about it and make the decision thats best for him. Would like to see him in Crimson but at the end of the day its all about whats best for him.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

No one is disputing what he told Miles, though, at least not from what I've read.

At absolute best, I think it's clear he can no longer be considered a commitment at this point. What happens moving forward is up in the air, of course, but I'm not overly optimistic right now.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

WR is arguably the deepest position we have, and as much as a talent as he is, it doesn't REALLY hurt us.
True, but at the same time,
1. LSU still doesn't have a QB
2. There will never be an opportunity for a WR to earn early playing time as good as the 2015 season.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Nola.com's recruiting guy has an update on Daylon:

The regular season has ended for LSU, but the recruiting season is in full swing and Tigers' coaching staff is trying to take full advantage of their opportunities. This past weekend brought about one commitment, and one prospect de-commitment from Alabama that is marred by conflicting reports.

Things are certainly heating up on the recruiting trail so take the journey with me in this week's LSU recruiting notebook.
We broke the story on Sunday night that Patterson WR Daylon Charlot had intentions of de-committing from Alabama and shared those feelings with LSU's head coach Les Miles. Charlot also reported that Alabama was planning on visiting him really soon and that he would make his final announcement on National Signing Day.

Well, reports surfaced yesterday that he is still solid with Alabama, but I'm looking at this as a kid who has a hard time telling people no, and that includes writers and coaches. He's a really nice kid and it's not in his nature to turn someone down. With that said, he obviously has feelings for both LSU and Alabama, but per my conversations with him throughout the week, I get the feeling he really wants to be at LSU.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

True, but at the same time,
1. LSU still doesn't have a QB
2. There will never be an opportunity for a WR to earn early playing time as good as the 2015 season.
Couple of counterpoints here:

1. LSU rarely has a quarterback, but that has never stopped them from getting top WR recruits on an annual basis. Can't see why it would this year, either.

2. Even with the departure of Cooper, White, and Jones, playing time will not be easy to come by next season at WR. We've got a deep, deep unit now, and guys like Stewart, Black, Sims, Falkins, and Foster -- all of whom are already seeing time now -- aren't going to be easily passed over for PT by some hotshot true freshman. More likely scenario is that the incoming guys have to pay their dues for a year or two before they see real action.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.