*** WR Daylon Charlot Signs With Alabama *** (Update: Page 6)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: 2015 WR Daylon Charlot DeCommits from Alabama

Is the revised title of this thread a little pre-mature? It appears the link RTR91 posted he has not decommitted and a blogger on Nola.com is trying to make noise. I know it is possible he decommits but I don't think he has of now.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Couple of counterpoints here:

1. LSU rarely has a quarterback, but that has never stopped them from getting top WR recruits on an annual basis. Can't see why it would this year, either.

2. Even with the departure of Cooper, White, and Jones, playing time will not be easy to come by next season at WR. We've got a deep, deep unit now, and guys like Stewart, Black, Sims, Falkins, and Foster -- all of whom are already seeing time now -- aren't going to be easily passed over for PT by some hotshot true freshman. More likely scenario is that the incoming guys have to pay their dues for a year or two before they see real action.
What are Stewart`s measurable? Could he in any way play RB in something of the K. Drake mold? Kid looks like lightning in a bottle.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

There is an interview out there with his HS coach who says that he is still committed to Alabama but would be making his visits and making the decision that is best for him. That doesn't sound like he is committed.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

There is an interview out there with his HS coach who says that he is still committed to Alabama but would be making his visits and making the decision that is best for him. That doesn't sound like he is committed.
Yep, B1G, couldn`t agree more. I`m quite sure the staff is not waiting breathlessly to find out what young Mr. Charlot is going to decide. I really hope he decides to stick, but if not, all the best (except against us ), and.......next?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

What are Stewart`s measurable? Could he in any way play RB in something of the K. Drake mold? Kid looks like lightning in a bottle.
He's listed at 6' and 193lbs. While Stewart is a gamebreaker and could probably play about any position, I wouldn't expect him to play RB and do any good.

He is our next best threat in terms of catching balls once Coop goes pro.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Although I think he ends up at LSU most likely, he has a visit scheduled to the Capstone 1/16/15, followed the next week to ole Miss (1/23) and Miss St (1/30). I doubt much changes, unless Ole Miss pulls out some of their tricks...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Although I think he ends up at LSU most likely, he has a visit scheduled to the Capstone 1/16/15, followed the next week to ole Miss (1/23) and Miss St (1/30). I doubt much changes, unless Ole Miss pulls out some of their tricks...
Won`t be surprised if he ends up in the Grove, it is, after all a "magical place" apparently !

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Won`t be surprised if he ends up in the Grove, it is, after all a "magical place" apparently !
That wouldn't surprise me either. I think at this point he might not have a guaranteed spot left with us if he changes his mind (numbers are getting tight), and although I think LSU is the leader going in to the clubhouse he doesn't have a scheduled visit with them in the New Year. So Ole Miss may be in a really good spot.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

If we do lose DAylon Charlot, who is our next best chance of a WR to replace him? I was really hoping we could pull Hill from Arkansas. I think Ridley will be the only true frosh who would have a chance to play at all next year. Maybe we don't even worry about replacing the WR and wait til next year. Between Ardarius Stewart, Robert Foster, Chris Black, CAm Sims, Raheem Falkins, (Bo Scarborough) and Calvin Ridley; I think we will find some playmakers step up.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

If we do lose DAylon Charlot, who is our next best chance of a WR to replace him? I was really hoping we could pull Hill from Arkansas. I think Ridley will be the only true frosh who would have a chance to play at all next year. Maybe we don't even worry about replacing the WR and wait til next year. Between Ardarius Stewart, Robert Foster, Chris Black, CAm Sims, Raheem Falkins, (Bo Scarborough) and Calvin Ridley; I think we will find some playmakers step up.
KJ Hill is going to be very difficult to get.

More likely options:

Lawrence Cager
Terry Godwin
Keith Mixon

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

More likely options:

Lawrence Cager
Terry Godwin
Keith Mixon
If there's a spot available I'd love to see Keith Mixon get a committable offer. I said in another thread that he reminds me of Javier Arenas. Seems like the kind of kid that would make the most of getting to "live his dream."

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

More likely options:

Lawrence Cager
Terry Godwin
Keith Mixon
I don't think Hill is a realistic option either.

Godwin, though committed to UGA, has visits scheduled after New Year to three other schools (Auburn 1/16, UA, 1/23, A&M 1/30). If he goes through with the visits, then we MIGHT be able to sway him, but I still think it is UGA's to lose. There is no surprise that he is the top (realistic) priority at WR for the staff it seems, but his sister attending UGA works against us. Mike Bobo leaving, though, leaves the door open.

Cager I am not so sure on. Word out is both ND and tOSU are too close to filling up to take him (though that is speculation art best), and that we are in a good position. He told Andre Bone (forgive me for not linking the tweet) that he plans to take a visit to Tuscaloosa 1/16. If anything happens, it will be that weekend. He seems to be in a precarious position honestly. His top 5 choices were tOSU, ND, UA followed by WF and Va Tech. TIFWIW but I was told ND said they were full at WR, and tOSU wanted an early commit since they are close to filling up. If we have a spot for him (which is becoming bigger "if" by the day it seems) he could be ours. If not, he may be on to his 4th and 5th choices. If Godwin is a no go, and we can get Cager, I think he is a take (assuming Charlot is gone).

As for Mixon, if he gets a commitable offer he is ours. I just don't know if that will ever come to fruition. He wants to play RB, we probably could play him at WR. I am not sure where he really fits in though. He is an extremely talented kid, but sometimes it gets lost in the shuffle.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Some kids like to play for their Friends and Family
Some kids like to play for Money
Some kids like to play for Championships......

Sounds like this kid is torn between the first and the second -- and not as interested in the last....

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States

Some kids like to play for their Friends and Family
Some kids like to play for Money
Some kids like to play for Championships......

Sounds like this kid is torn between the first and the second -- and not as interested in the last....
Some kids just like to play ;) I guess that makes them all champions. Give'em all a trophy!!! ;)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Made it official today. Link

Daylon Charlot set the record straight Tuesday: He is not committed to Alabama.

Charlot has been in the middle of a major LSU-Alabama battle, prompting speculation galore that he was no longer committed to the Crimson Tide. He committed to Alabama last February, but other schools continued to pursue him.

His recruitment took a soap opera turn after an official visit to LSU. He reportedly told LSU's staff he had decommitted, but told Alabama's staff he was still committed. On Tuesday, Charlot made it clear he wasn't committed.

"I'm not committed as of now, but on signing day I will commit," Charlot said. "Other than that, I'm just looking around to see what else is out there."

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Never mind ... RTR91 beat me to it :)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I really hope somehow we keep this kid. He is an incredible return guy and is really fast. He just returned a punt for a TD and would have another one if he did not trip on another return in the UAAA game.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I really hope somehow we keep this kid. He is an incredible return guy and is really fast. He just returned a punt for a TD and would have another one if he did not trip on another return in the UAAA game.
We've got a spot for him at returner for sure!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.