*** 2015 Guard Lester Cotton Commits to Alabama ***

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Re: ****2015 Guard Lester Cotton Commits to Bama****

A few things:

1) always love the in state guys staying home;
2) Cotton is a very good prospect for interior OL.

he has been a heavy lean toward us for a while. I am glad we got him in the fold. RTR!!

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Why was I under the impression that he was already committed? And in the 2014 class?? Man...lot of moving parts...

RTR

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Why was I under the impression that he was already committed? And in the 2014 class?? Man...lot of moving parts...

RTR
Think he came out during the season and said Alabama was his favorite. At the time, he pretty much committed with the way he said it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Scouts mostly agreed that Cotton was among the most impressive Oline men at the Under Armor Combine in Florida. He was the only one who could handled Daron Payne one on one consistently. A true mauler that could play tackle as well as guard. Big pick up.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

not a surprise and I like him more because he is a hometown kid who always wanted to play for the Tide. Big start to backup the 14 OL clas.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

No real surprise here on Cotton, because he was always coming to Alabama provided that we were willing to take him. Some questioned for a while whether or not we were willing to do that, just because we are likely going to take a small OL class in 2015, but obviously the staff felt that Cotton was too good to pass up, especially as an in-town product.

Best thing about a guy like Cotton from a recruiting perspective is that he's locked up without concern and the staff can focus attention elsewhere.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

According to Central head coach Dennis Conner, Lester had 223 pancake blocks this season. That is ridiculous. Link

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.