Eddie Lacy wins AP Rookie of the Year

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
When he was recruited there were several of our recruiting gurus who predicted great things for Eddy. They were on the mark. He was a difference maker for Bama down the stretch and because of depth at the position was able to play healthy and leave Alabama with plenty of tread on his tires.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
AP Offensive ROTY award.
Love it.

Will Brinson ‏@WillBrinson
Eddie Lacy gets award from Cam Newton. Steps to mic and says “Lemme start by saying ‘Roll Tide’”

CSA4Ever

Scout Team
Jun 6, 2010
Nationwide, I always thought Lacy did not get the attention he deserved in his college days.

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
Awesome sports jacket!!!

Loved watching him play for GB this year. IF AR doesn't break his collarbone, GB may be playing tomorrow. Wonder what the over/under would be for a GB vs Denver SB.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
He gave Cam Newton a "Roll Tide" before he accepted the award . A little good banter between them. Congrats and well deserved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Nationwide, I always thought Lacy did not get the attention he deserved in his college days.

^^^^^^This right here!
As IMALOYAL1 stated, the talent at Bama while he was there took a lot of the spotlight and playing time that he could have gotten elsewhere (Deservedly so with HMTWMI, TR, & TJY on the roster). He would have had much more notice somewhere else, but, could he have gone on to the NFL without being spent? Who knows? Who cares? I'm proud for the young man and I hope he sets all kinds of records for the Packers. Roll Tide!

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.