Link: LSU's Cam Cameron on the same plane with LSU recruits who were visiting UCLA

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I love college football as much as any college football fan possibly can, but, it's really embarrassing how shady recruiting can become..And some folks wonder how come these kids have a huge sense of entitlement & actually believe they're above the Law..

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Ol Les must be worried about his job. Whose Plane are they on? LSU wouldnt fly recruits to UCLA and UCLA wouldn't send a plane to Louisiana to pick up recruits and allow Cam Cameron a free ride unless it's just so he can visit family there.

Last edited:

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I would be concerned if it was my Son on that plane being stalked by some coach. I might just tell my boy that he is not going to school with people like that. And when asked about it, I would say that I do not want my child around stalkers. And, ask if LSU is going to be the next Penn State??

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
I would be concerned if it was my Son on that plane being stalked by some coach. I might just tell my boy that he is not going to school with people like that. And when asked about it, I would say that I do not want my child around stalkers. And, ask if LSU is going to be the next Penn State??

Sorry, but there's no way these can be considered similar issues. It is sleazy recruiting, but that's all.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Ol Les must be worried about his job. Whose Plane are they on? LSU wouldnt fly recruits to UCLA and UCLA wouldn't send a plane to Louisiana to pick up recruits and allow Cam Cameron a free ride unless it's just so he can visit family there.
UCLA pays for the plane ride, but they don't send the university jet to get the players. They fly on a national airline.

A few things that make this stick out to me:

1) Cameron going to LA in the first place. Shouldn't he be in Baton Rouge recruiting the visitors on campus for the weekend?
2) He takes the same flight as Dupre and the other two recruits.
3) His seat is next to Dupre's. I'm sure that was all by chance.
4) He's staying at the same hotel as the UCLA recruits. There are how many hotels in LA?
5) His return flight was the same as the recruits. Again, I'm sure his secretary just happened to select that one.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
UCLA pays for the plane ride, but they don't send the university jet to get the players. They fly on a national airline.

A few things that make this stick out to me:

1) Cameron going to LA in the first place. Shouldn't he be in Baton Rouge recruiting the visitors on campus for the weekend?
2) He takes the same flight as Dupre and the other two recruits.
3) His seat is next to Dupre's. I'm sure that was all by chance.
4) He's staying at the same hotel as the UCLA recruits. There are how many hotels in LA?
5) His return flight was the same as the recruits. Again, I'm sure his secretary just happened to select that one.
It`s hard to know what to say about this, if you know what I mean. Words just fail me.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Interering article. It's also interesting that UCLA seems to think that their football program is some national power right now. They really think highly of themselves.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Interering article. It's also interesting that UCLA seems to think that their football program is some national power right now. They really think highly of themselves.
To be fair, Mora has done an outstanding job recruiting since he has been there. UCLA has a lot to sell. LSU is sinking to a new low for sure.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Clearly recruits agree since they're taking the time to talk with their coaches and make trips to LA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Clearly the author of the story feels that way, but it may be going too far to pin that attitude on the university.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Clearly the author of the story feels that way, but it may be going too far to pin that attitude on the university.
Fair enough. But let's remember that UCLA hasn't done jack squat in a long, long time.

And I like Jim Mora a lot. I think he's a great fit for them. But let's not start awarding Heismans and national championship berths just yet.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.