*** JUCO TE Ty Flournoy-Smith Signs With Alabama ***

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Re: ***JUCO TE Ty Flournoy-Smith commits to Bama***

There it is...knew there was something going to break. RTR!!!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Didn't someone say on here that we needed another TE? This is good news..welcome to the team. Roll Tide!

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

This was, what i thought, would be the last domino. Smith was just waiting on the go ahead and obviously with recent commitment of Elam, and talk from Thomas staying with the U, a spot was available. TE was the one thing I thought we MIGHT need in this class, but I was also expecting someone in the mode of a Michael Williams. I do think this means we will see a shift in our offense to something favoring the Patriots in years past. Four and five wide sets, when you have two TE's in the slots who are athletic (OJ and F-S now) create such matchup problems. They are too big for corners, and too fast for LB's... As great as AJ's career was, I expect with all the weapons we have gathered that someone is going to put up some monster numbers from the QB position in the next few years...

matt632001

Jan 6, 2014

I do think this means we will see a shift in our offense to something favoring the Patriots in years past. Four and five wide sets, when you have two TE's in the slots who are athletic (OJ and F-S now) create such matchup problems. They are too big for corners, and too fast for LB's.
I really hope you are correct. Would be awesome.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

We'll see how this goes and what kind of impact Flournoy-Smith can have in the passing game. Hopefully we can get something out of him in the run game as well, but he will need to add 15-20 pounds before he's a serious contributor there, in my opinion. The plan is to use him a lot in conjunction with O.J. next season, so I hope we put a lot of emphasis on both in the passing game. Good tight end targets are easily some of the best friends a quarterback can have, particularly one who is new to the job like we will have in 2014, but again we are really going to have to incorporate them far more than we have in the past couple of years to really make this move worthwhile.

Interesting that we chose this one over Boston given our concerns at DB. We could have had either one, but took Flournoy-Smith, despite him only having two years of eligibility left. Given that Boston ended up at Auburn, we'll be hearing and thinking of this comparison for quite some time.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A

I realize CNS doesn't care one bit about stars, and neither do I overall, but I'm curious: why does a guy like this not have a star rating on Rivals?

Just occasionally I'd like to be able to retort to a rival fan that we hauled in a higher rated class than 2009 if such is going to be the case.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.