Final Pre-NSD Recruiting Update

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
It would be nice to have a "surprise" addition to the class tomorrow, and the kid from Auburn would be a surprise in my book. My hope is that there are not any defections from the expected class that would qualify as a bad surprise. If all stay on board with their verbal commitment, well what a class on paper this will be. And I hope after a couple of years they will prove to be something special on the field. Not much drama........Good:cool:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Two of the three (or was it four?) academic questions will not sign with Bama tomorrow. Does NSD get fairly interesting for Bama or does it go as planned with the only "drama" coming from Evans?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Two of the three (or was it four?) academic questions will not sign with Bama tomorrow. Does NSD get fairly interesting for Bama or does it go as planned with the only "drama" coming from Evans?
The latter. If O.J. Smith goes elsewhere, the reality is that we just don't have any replacements lined up. The class is essentially 96% done, so there just isn't any room for late movement.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I thought we needed another DB/S in this group, was hopeful M Boston would be the one. Perhaps the DBs on the team will play better with the coaching change.

Or maybe a good surprise tomorrow! Maybe both.

Hope so.
I heard on the local sportscast that the Barn was Boston's dream school and he jumped on it as soon as they offered. If this is true, I don't see us flipping him.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
My question, while the answer may well be no one, it there anyone left on our commitment list that is not 100% bama (could do a signing day switch elsewhere)?

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
? Is Evans a must have or can we really afford to lose him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The question implies he was ours to lose, so just wanted to clear it up. I'd be surprised if he doesn't sign with the barn. He's been considered a lean there for a while (the gap between us and them has closed, but we've probably always been behind). We have made up ground, but he's never been ours to lose.

our class is likely #1 on all the major services. He doesn't make or break our class. He would be a great addition andy likely early contributor, but our class is very complete and very highly rated as is.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
The question implies he was ours to lose, so just wanted to clear it up. I'd be surprised if he doesn't sign with the barn. He's been considered a lean there for a while (the gap between us and them has closed, but we've probably always been behind). We have made up ground, but he's never been ours to lose.

our class is likely #1 on all the major services. He doesn't make or break our class. He would be a great addition andy likely early contributor, but our class is very complete and very highly rated as is.
Well I didn't mean to imply the "ours to lose" but rather if we don't get him it could hurt Alabama in having the #1 class overall all though I think we will no matter what at this point.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Well I didn't mean to imply the "ours to lose" but rather if we don't get him it could hurt Alabama in having the #1 class overall all though I think we will no matter what at this point.

We will have the #1 class no matter what Evans does. We had that wrapped up a few weeks ago, and that won't change. It would just be "the rich getting richer" as everyone likes to say if we land him, which I hope we do.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

We are way ahead of everyone in the rankings and no one is catching us even if we do not get another commit.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Wouldn't Williams for Smith be a pretty good trade for us at this point ? Seems DL is deeper than our secondary right now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.