Whats with all the negative AJ comments lately?

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I mean... seriously. The guy goes from the best college QB in Alabama history (which he still inarguably is), to a chump because of 4 missed FG's in the auburn game, and a completely irrelevant consolation game against OU. Really? This makes no sense, and I've heard a ton of people bashing him in day to day conversation, on the radio (finebaum specifically), and on this and other boards. We, as a group, need to gain some perspective.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I mean... seriously. The guy goes from the best college QB in Alabama history (which he still inarguably is), to a chump because of 4 missed FG's in the auburn game, and a completely irrelevant consolation game against OU. Really? This makes no sense, and I've heard a ton of people bashing him in day to day conversation, on the radio (finebaum specifically), and on this and other boards. We, as a group, need to gain some perspective.
My earlier posts were not meant to be negative towards AJ. I think he should calm his rhetoric down some and quit throwing his teammates under the bus but as far as being a very good QB, I think he rates among the best to graduate from the capstone. That's just me, can't speak for everyone that posts on TF.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Any "negative" comments about AJ have been folks saying AJ would be wise to shut up or change how he says things. He hasn't stopped talking since the Sugar Bowl.

If someone wants to take comments like that to mean he's a "chump" because Bama lost to Auburn, that person should get some perspective.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I kinda get it: he's talked a lot but not really put himself out there for anything with the draft like the senior bowl. I just don't really care that much. He's his own man now.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
I mean... seriously. The guy goes from the best college QB in Alabama history (which he still inarguably is)...
AJ was the most successful quarterback in Alabama history. "Best" is another discussion entirely.

Any "negative" comments about AJ have been folks saying AJ would be wise to shut up or change how he says things. He hasn't stopped talking since the Sugar Bowl.
Bingo.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
He is no longer under the protective umbrella of CNS and that has to be difficult for some kids who want to all of a sudden have a vocal opinion on EVERYTHING. He really needs to "cool it" and just stop talking for a while. I love AJ, but geez, he needs to shut up.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I think McCarron's just being honest about how it went down this year. It's not like we couldn't see what happened on the field and figure it out. It takes more than Rivals ratings to win and we have some guys who need to figure that out. It's not unique to Alabama either. it's a battle every coach faces.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
I get the feeling he's trying to create a "brand" of himself ahead of the draft (media attention, endorsements, etc), which is why we are seeing him in the media so much. However, I don't think the 'plan' is being executed as well or as wisely as it could be.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
He is no longer under the protective umbrella of CNS and that has to be difficult for some kids who want to all of a sudden have a vocal opinion on EVERYTHING. He really needs to "cool it" and just stop talking for a while. I love AJ, but geez, he needs to shut up.

I agree. It is like a sheltered child that goes off on their own. They start to rebel and just let go.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
His girlfriend endorsed a political candidate in a recent election, I wondered at the time if she wasn't getting a little ahead of herself. Did she think her opinion would sway anyone one way or the other?

I mention that in that it could shed some light on AJ's remarks lately. People are free to say what they please, but let's remember they are both in their early twenties. People that age sometimes think they know things they later learn more more about as they gain life-experience, or age.

AJ's tattoos and his bowties demonstrate his independent streak, I hope he doesn't carried away with remarks about the faults of the Bama program.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
We should have all seen this (2013) coming back last year at this time. We had 4 players arrested and kicked out of school. It was evident then there was a little lacking from the ground up. I think the previous year's seniors had been a great group in that department.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I think there's almost uniform agreement that he should exercise discretion in when and what he says, particularly right before NSD, no matter the truth of it. I'm in that solid majority...
I haven't really heard much of what he has said. If he is saying things that could hurt Alabama then yes he should tone it down.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.