Nov 13, 2010
Re: *** LB Rashaan Evans Commits to Alabama ***

Awesome day for Alabama Football!!!! :biggrin2:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Re: *** LB Rashaan Evans signs with Bama ***

Great pickup. He'll be very successful at bama. This kills auburns class by the way and that makes it all the sweeter. Rtr. Big thanks to Reuben foster he helped make this happen.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA

[video]http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2014/2/5/5303698/rashaan-evans-commitment-auburn-alabama-ucla-recruit-sign#ooid=JkdmhqazoVHwXcHXAw-nlAySVDAl0n61[/video]

See the what SBNation did with their video in this link. Hilarious.

Roll Tide all you weagles!!!

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: *** LB Rashaan Evans signs with Bama ***

Now that the signed LOI is in we can really gloat and marvel a bit...

Obviously recruiting coups are frequent occurrences under Nick Saban, but this one has to rank right up at the very top. Is it the biggest surprise? No. But is it the hardest pull? Arguably, I think. Landon Collins may top it, but to get a lifelong Auburn native, who attended Auburn high school, and whose parents both went to Auburn to sign with Alabama right after the kind of season that Auburn just had and with all of the energy and excitement they (rightfully) have with Gus in place, that's just phenomenal. Again, perhaps there have been one or two tougher pulls over the years, but I think everyone should understand that it really does not get much tougher than this.

I'll add in closing that I'm a bit surprised at the outcome here. I wasn't exactly one of those who thought this was all just one big ruse by Evans -- early on I thought that he was going to Auburn, but I did feel that he was legitimately torn for the past couple of months with our late surge -- but by the same token there was always a part of me that could never see him spurning Auburn in the end. Very glad to be wrong on that count.

Finally, can't say enough about the job that Kirby Smart did here. He was the one who sealed this deal, and it was his selling of Evans on becoming a premiere edge player in the UA defensive scheme that landed this LOI. Without him, this doesn't happen.

Last edited:

ledmonds22

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 8, 2010

We just need to have confirmation that Evan's signature is in along with Miller's and Bo's to secure the greatest recruiting class ever.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms

I stand amazed; I didn't tune in to hear the announcement; I reckoned him to Auburn. Appears the Aubs did too. Roll Tide Rashaan.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Cross-post of mine from the main LOI thread that you guys should keep in mind both now and moving forward on future NSDs:

Bo actually submitted his LOI this morning, and I believe Miller did the same. UA just withholds releasing them and adding them as official signees so they can go ahead with their formal signing ceremonies. It's just a courtesy routinely extended by UA to its signees, not a sign that a commitment is wavering.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Admittedly, I was one that thought Rashaan was an Aubie lock all along. Man, crow never tasted so good! RTR!!!

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Barners are saying that Evans called the Aubie staff and told him he was committing to them and then chose Alabama. They are convinced that it was a setup to make them look bad. What a delusional fan base.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Surprising no one, Rashaan's decision came from the position the two schools wanted him to play. Link

"The position of outside of linebacker was the position he wanted to play," said Evans' father, Alan. "The Star position was something that was uncharted waters for him and, in the end, I think he decided to go to Alabama primarily because of an opportunity to play outside linebacker."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.