*** LB Rashaan Evans Signs With Alabama ***

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
It was Ellis Johnson's unorthodox 4-2-5 defense that cost the Barn. I think that will continue to cost them defensive recruits like Rashaan in the future.
It's like people use the 3-4 against CNS. For every kid it pushes away, it brings in a different type of player. We've lost out on several top rush DE. For the barn, they'll lose on guys like RE because he truly didn't fit their system, but they'll also attract the DE's we don't because their front is built on creating pressure (in and of itself), whereas ours has mainly been to find guys that can 2-gap on the DL to create opportunities for our LB's.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
It's like people use the 3-4 against CNS. For every kid it pushes away, it brings in a different type of player. We've lost out on several top rush DE. For the barn, they'll lose on guys like RE because he truly didn't fit their system, but they'll also attract the DE's we don't because their front is built on creating pressure (in and of itself), whereas ours has mainly been to find guys that can 2-gap on the DL to create opportunities for our LB's.
I agree and good point. At least the 3-4 is used by about half the teams in the NFL. I have not heard of any using a 4-2-5 and don't think I ever will.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
Re: *** LB Rashaan Evans Commits to Alabama ***

Barner SID denying they posted the bio prematurely...I guess their code writer works on the side for the healthcare.gov site :)

Kirk Sampson ‏@AuburnSID 2h
Auburn Athletics did not prematurely post a bio of a recruit. Bios are pre-built and hidden by code in anticipation of signing day.

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL

Barner SID denying they posted the bio prematurely...I guess their code writer works on the side for the healthcare.gov site :)

Kirk Sampson ‏@AuburnSID 2h
Auburn Athletics did not prematurely post a bio of a recruit. Bios are pre-built and hidden by code in anticipation of signing day.
Just admit it was a mistake. Obviously they make them in advance so you can put them up as quickly as possible. It makes sense. But if it is live on a website, it isn't hidden and you put it up. Say someone jumped the gun and move on. Saying you didn't put it up when its obvious you did just makes you look bad

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Just admit it was a mistake. Obviously they make them in advance so you can put them up as quickly as possible. It makes sense. But if it is live on a website, it isn't hidden and you put it up. Say someone jumped the gun and move on. Saying you didn't put it up when its obvious you did just makes you look bad
OBarnerCare.com=EPIC FAIL!

AUTigers001

1st Team
Feb 3, 2010
That one stung a little... well -- kind of a lot...

Congrats on what is, in my opinion, the best signing class in the history of the universe. I hope they all go pro early... lol...:cool2:

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Ohh my clearly the REC must have emptied the bank on him. (Blue font because my phone doesn't let me do it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
That one stung a little... well -- kind of a lot...

Congrats on what is, in my opinion, the best signing class in the history of the universe. I hope they all go pro early... lol...:cool2:
Auburn still brought in a good class. Gus is a good coach and I don't think y'all have to worry about any drop offs like with Chizik. As long as Gus and Saban the coaches last year my become the norm with regard to how close these games will be. Let's just hope the ending's change up a bit though. :biggrin2:

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al
I'm looking forward to watching him play. The choice surprised me. I figured we had no shot. If you haven't seen the video, watch his mother. Very little emotion. The young girl, (not sure if it's his sister) stole the show. She was having a great time. Thanks Rashaan, you made my day. Roll Tide!!!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I'm looking forward to watching him play. The choice surprised me. I figured we had no shot. If you haven't seen the video, watch his mother. Very little emotion. The young girl, (not sure if it's his sister) stole the show. She was having a great time. Thanks Rashaan, you made my day. Roll Tide!!!
Do you have a link to the video? I can't find one.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
It was clear bama offered him a better position that would yield better results for him in college as well as a faster path to the league. He needs to play close to the line of scrimmage not glorified safety.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Do you have a link to the video? I can't find one.

This has been the only video I've seen. It starts right when he chooses us.

[video]http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/10407984/national-signing-day-rashaan-evans-chooses-alabama-crimson-tide-auburn-tigers[/video]

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Another nice touch by the Evans family. It appears they let the home-town reporter have a breakfast-table exclusive.

Nice read. I like these folks. One nugget from this story: The kid talked to Gus on Wednesday morning but didn't tell him he'd be picking Alabama.

Last edited:

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
His Mom looked like someone who knew her son was about to get bashed by a whole bunch of people. She was right about it, too. Rashaan and his Dad are being blasted around here. People are accusing Alan of secretly hating Auburn because he got be beat out by Bo when he played there, and saying Rashaan would have been a "quitter" like his dad anyway. It's a pretty disgusting display of barner class by the fambly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.