Coker counts against this 2014 class?

I thought he only counted against the 85 but not the 25. Apparently it is begin reported that the University is putting this out.
    "You never know what a football player is made of until he plays against Alabama.", Former Tennessee Coach Bob Neyland.

"The first fifty yards I was praying no one would catch me, the last fifty yards I was praying that someone would." Lee Ozmint, after intercepting a pass in the end zone and returning it 100 yards for a touchdown.

2. Advertisement

Re: Coker counts against this 2014 class?

That's what we had all been told........

no, he does not....just announcing the transfer as he is "technically" a part of this class just like Pettway....but neither count against the 25

I was watching the stream on Rolltide.com and they said that they were putting his name on the big board even though he will not sign an LOI today, but he would count towards this class. Not sure why he would count...confused me.

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Man...............

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post
    no, he does not....just announcing the transfer as he is "technically" a part of this class just like Pettway....but neither count against the 25
    That's what I thought, but AL.com is reporting that the University is telling them (Bama beat writers) that he will count against the 25. I expect a correction from them.
    "You never know what a football player is made of until he plays against Alabama.", Former Tennessee Coach Bob Neyland.

"The first fifty yards I was praying no one would catch me, the last fifty yards I was praying that someone would." Lee Ozmint, after intercepting a pass in the end zone and returning it 100 yards for a touchdown.

Quote Originally Posted by drsmithofga View Post
    That's what I thought, but AL.com is reporting that the University is telling them (Bama beat writers) that he will count against the 25. I expect a correction from them.
    well, maybe we are saying that in response to not getting Evans....so that "spot" is used and we consider him as a part of this class.....would be a good PR move if we do know Evans to AU.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post
    well, maybe we are saying that in response to not getting Evans....so that "spot" is used and we consider him as a part of this class.....would be a good PR move if we do know Evans to AU.
    But if that's the case then we cannot back count for the 2015 class, right?

Edit: Wait. PR move. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by drsmithofga View Post
    But if that's the case then we cannot back count for the 2015 class, right?
    Coker doesn't count against the 25 because he transfered from another 4 year school....we may just say he is for good PR. Pettway doesn't because he already played for Bama and came back to the same institution.

Ty Flournoy-Smith played at UGA but left to a JUCO and signed with a different institution...so he has to count.

If we use all 25, but have a couple of non-quals, we can use those spots to backcount in 2015.